racketboy Now Selling Sega Saturn Mod Chips

racketboy

Established Member
These chips are mainly for model 2 (round button) Saturns, but supposedly there is a way to get them to work on model 1s (oval button).

In case you don't know, will allow you to play backups on your console and the installation is quite easy.

Each chip will be $18.95

Worldwide shipping is $3.95 per order

Your order will be shipped the next business day via First Class Mail (US) or International Air-Mail

If you need extra-fast delivery and/or insurance, please contact me.

If you are interested, you can go ahead and email or PM me.

More info can be be found here:

racketboy's Sega Saturn Mod Chip Page

Originally posted by vbt@Sun, 2004-11-28 @ 10:58 AM

Interresting :) Will you sell some modified modchips for the saturn model 1 ?

[post=124595]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm also interested in getting model 1 chips, so if you will made that mod pointed in the forum, please advise me.

Originally posted by vbt@Sun, 2004-11-28 @ 10:58 AM

Interresting :) Will you sell some modified modchips for the saturn model 1 ?

[post=124595]Quoted post[/post]​

If I do it won't be for a while.

I'll have to see if I can figure it out :)

I also need to buy some more Saturns to play with :)

any chance of getting a unit, modding one and selling said modded unit? just dont feel like doing the legwork myself. price also :)

I might do some premods, but I need to find some Saturns for a decent price to tinker with.

But eventually, yes.

Price would be around $100 though.

I've lowered the price for International orders.

It's now the same as US orders.

I think I have managed to get some good prices on shipping supplies that will cut the shipping weight while keeping the chips protected.

Do you know if these chips have been succesfully used on 64pin Saturns? When you say they are the same ones found anywhere else, I assume that means no. :(

Originally posted by it290@Sat, 2004-12-04 @ 07:26 PM

Do you know if these chips have been succesfully used on 64pin Saturns? When you say they are the same ones found anywhere else, I assume that means no. :(

[post=125165]Quoted post[/post]​

I have not tried them as I have never owned such a Saturn, but I assume you are correct.

well if they work on model one saturn i'll buy one just need a Tutorial with good picks so i can do it. it can't be that hard i areadly modded a xbox so im up for the task

Yes, I have the 20 pin Sega Saturn. I have a Jap / USA switch installed, and I would like to hook up a mod chip so it could play backups (don't want to scratch my mints of course !!! ).

Also I would like to meet some people in the Sega scene, I am new to the forum. Thanks !

:huh :thumbs-up:

Hey, welcome. Although I'm pretty new myself!

I also have a Model 1, and it would be handy to be able to mod that, but I have a new-ish Model 2 which I recently bought, so I have a backup plan, at least.

I am also thinking of getting another couple of UK Saturns (though I hate the PAL TV system) and possibly even importing a US system and finding a compatible TV.

Enjoy your stay at the forums; I think they're pretty cool so far!

Originally posted by audiovideogeek@Tue, 2005-01-04 @ 06:44 AM

Yes, I have the 20 pin Sega Saturn. I have a Jap / USA switch installed, and I would like to hook up a mod chip so it could play backups (don't want to scratch my mints of course !!! ).

Also I would like to meet some people in the Sega scene, I am new to the forum. Thanks !

:huh :thumbs-up:

[post=127050]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, welcome to SX!

This is definately the place to be if you want to soak up some Sega knowledge. If you ever need ANY questions answered, there is sure to be someone that can help you out quite quickly.

Enjoy your stay! :D

Back