Radiant Silvergun in English

I had an ad up at the Whirlpool, but now they seem to be down for the count. I wasn't sure where else to turn for this.

Anyways, my name is Justus and I am a sound engineer. I know nothing about hacking (though I've certainly enjoyed the benefits thereof).

I was going to direct a voice cast in an English dub for Ys 4 for the PC Engine, but found the task...daunting. So, in order to warm up for that colossal undertaking, I've chosen a smaller project no less dear to my heart: Radiant Silvergun for the Saturn!

As anyone who has played this piece of genius by Treasure could tell you, about 90% of everything that needs translating is the voiceovers in the CD-DA tracks. Those I can easily do myself, as I have been successful in reburning the game using my own audio tracks in lieu of the original ones.

The main thing I would need assistance with is replacing the audio in the opening and ending movies.

What would be a very very nice bonus would be if we could get at the text as well. As legendary as such lines as "Be attitude for gains" are, it would be nice to produce a more complete translation, more true to the pretentiousness the folks at Treasure were shooting for. It would be nice to be able to change that text, as well as the boss "hints", but even more importantly, the lines of the Stonelike during Stage 6.

I've already assembled a talented voice cast, and I'm using a very different method than other American voice studios. Hopefully, it will result in something that doesn't sound like most dubs! We're rehearsing this Saturday, and I plan to record all of the dialogue on the following Saturday, the 15th of October, at the studio I assist at, Nightfall Productions.

So, who wants to be part of the first (that I know of anyways) full translation of a commercial Saturn game?

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Wed, 2005-10-05 @ 10:27 AM

If I knew anything, I'd be down, lol. Can wer get a preview of the video after you apply the voice-overs?

[post=140295]Quoted post[/post]​

Certainly! I was able to rip the cinepak videos into AVI easily enough, and will be using Pro Tools to compile English versions. My only real difficulty would be hacking the altered videos back into the data track. I'd certainly be capable of throwing together DivX encodes to share, even if I never manage to get them into the game itself.

If things go as planned, I ought to have all the audio work done by the weekend of October 23rd, and could at that point share. Hopefully we'll see some support for this project before then. Who knows, we might just have 100% English Silvergun by the end of the month if things come together right. Then I can start working towards a 100% English Ys 4 by Christmas!

Ive been lookin at radian silver gun and i may be able to actually place the text in the game, I just need a translator

Originally posted by knights0fdragon2@Wed, 2005-10-05 @ 09:02 PM

Ive been lookin at radian silver gun and i may be able to actually place the text in the game, I just need a translator

[post=140313]Quoted post[/post]​

Seriously? Then consider your translator found! The only Japanese in the game is the audio, which I am replacing. All the other text is just bad English!

If you're seriously interested, and can make a dump, it'll only take me about a day to change the text to what I want for re-insertion. I imagine some of it must be pictures though.

Here's basically what I'd want access to:

- The text "Be attitude for gains" whenever you run into a boss

- All the "boss hints"

- The Origin's lines from stage 6

- If at all possible, the credits (so we can put OUR names in there)

That's it. I'm fine with all the menus and interface items, etc, as they are.

tell me what u want changed and ill change it, heres an example of #1

RS.JPG

Originally posted by CyberWarriorX@Thu, 2005-10-06 @ 02:18 AM

Wow, impressive. :smokin: Reminds me of something I did like 3 years ago:

rs-fun!.jpg

[post=140327]Quoted post[/post]​

yea, not bad, simple hex editing. I am now searching for the script in the beginning of the arcade

wow lol thats funny its the same boss too,

but I didnt mess with ram, i did the actual file

Originally posted by it290+Thu, 2005-10-06 @ 12:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(it290 @ Thu, 2005-10-06 @ 12:09 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>You can't change 'be attitude for gains', man, you just can't!

[post=140320]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b]

I know how you feel, and believe me, I'm sad about changing it too. Yet, it must be done! This, after all, is a translation, and as such I have to do my best to make the game comprehensible in a manner that the director would intend if he DID speak English. I mean, you wouldn't find a Math test that says "be attitude for gains" at the top, you know. It's a matter of knowing where to draw the line. If I wanted to leave "Be attitude for gains" alone, then I might as well also leave the speech in Japanese! ...in which case a translation is pointless, of course.

What I feel the Director, Hiroshi Iuchi, was shooting for was the same thing most Japanese artists shoot for whenever they use bad English like this - they want it to seem exotic and foreign. As such, I haven't decided yet what I want to do with the line exactly. If I'm interpreting Mr. Iuchi's intent properly, then I should probably change it to something in Latin or some such, though it's tempting to go with some classier-sounding English like "remain vigilant" or something.

<!--QuoteBegin-knights0fdragon2

tell me what u want changed and ill change it, heres an example of #1[/quote]

Wow! I'm astounded...I seriously didn't think we'd have something cooking this quickly! I'll get back to you on that. I'll probably leave a lot of the hints alone, since they are SUPPOSED to be vague, and only the most patient and discerning gamers should ever be able to interpret them properly anyways...but I DO want to make sure they aren't called what they're called just because the developers didn't know English, so a few of them will have to change. I'll post a TXT with changes sometime tomorrow (early Saturday at the very latest). Thank you so much! I can't even tell you how completely awesome this is!

I just noticed something...there's a Saturn emulator that can play this game? I MUST be out of the loop to have missed THAT! I thought none of the Saturn emus could play more than demos...Geeze, more people may end up playing this translation than I thought if that's the case. And here I thought the only way was to have a modded Saturn.

Anyways, I ought to have SOME of the speech recorded within a few days to share with you guys (at least Creator's lines). In the meantime, here's a TXT with my translation of the speech that we're going to use. I'm still open to suggestions on it, by the way. The two things I'm going for here: A) it doesn't SOUND like it was translated from Japanese and B) It sounds natural when spoken aloud. Reconciling those two things with accuracy to the original Jap is harder than it sounds! But this is very much not a literal translation, so purists won't like it.

Attachments

• RS_script.txt
    16.4 KB · Views: 286
Some stuff in that translation doesn't match this translation.

I don't know any Japanese, So I have no way of telling which one is correct, BUT I think Silver Translations spent longer on their translation.

Edit: And about the "Be attitude for gains" dissagreement... Have you seen the intro from Bangai-O?

Plus, I think it was a parody of somthing, but I can't remember for sure...

Originally posted by Virgil@Fri, 2005-10-07 @ 09:14 PM

Some stuff in that translation doesn't match this translation.

I don't know any Japanese, So I have no way of telling which one is correct, BUT I think Silver Translations spent longer on their translation.

[post=140455]Quoted post[/post]​

Huh. Another translation already existed. How about that? Looking through theirs, it seems like it's pretty literal. So if accuracy is all that's important to you, you'd probably prefer that one. However, try speaking some of their lines aloud. It doesn't work very well when actually spoken, and it's still really obvious that it was Japanese first. I'm trying to translate not only the words, but the intent itself! Basically, this is what I think the game would look like if the director and his team had been native English speakers.

And why do we need a translation of that ?

Not sure what you mean by "that" exactly. The voices? The text? The game in general? The fact is, we don't need ANY translation at all. The game's perfectly playable as-is. If you'd rather keep playing in Japanese, then by all means, ignore this translation completely. I'm just doing this for fun and experience, and because I want to share Radiant Silvergun with as many people as possible, and some of my friends refuse to play a game in Japanese (which I can understand. I don't think I'd enjoy playing a game in Swahili). If you DO want to see some kind of translation, but not THIS kind, now's the time to let me know!

what part are you refering to, please be specific

Like I said, I'll get back to you...though I've made my decisions by now. I'll send it to you whenever I can catch you on AIM.

This page is where I got the "parody" story, but they have some of thier facts wrong, so I can't be shure how true some of that is. The Irem shooter they mention is named "Gallop: armed police unit", and the boss kind off looks like the ship from Gallop, so the other thing could be true, but I think it was parralel engrish :D

But seriosly though, "Be attitude for gains" has become a catch phrase.

No Emu runs it at full speed yet, and in SFF, rather than travel up the screen, the bullets appear to stay in the same place.

E: About your translation: I dought operator 2 is good enough at math to notice that "...it's exponential!", and doesn't really say the same thing.

And Reana's "Level A line" is much funnier in Silver Translations's version.

Originally posted by Virgil@Fri, 2005-10-07 @ 10:50 PM

This page is where I got the "parody" story, but they have some of thier facts wrong, so I can't be shure how true some of that is. The Irem shooter they mention is named "Gallop: armed police unit", and the boss kind off looks like the ship from Gallop, so the other thing could be true, but I think it was parralel engrish :D

Yeah, there are some neat references in Silvergun to other shooters. The boss at the beginning of Stage 4, Lunar C is a reference to a game called (I think) Moon Crest, or something like that? Yeah, neat stuff.

But seriosly though, "Be attitude for gains" has become a catch phrase.

It has, but WHY has it? For the same reason that "All your base are belong to us" became a catch phrase. Because it's goofy English uttered on accident since the people who wrote it don't know English very well. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a fun catchphrase too, but please, consider the INTENT here. To the director, Mr. Iuchi, this was a very serious game. He wasn't trying to come up with a goofy catchphrase with "be attitude for gains". He was trying to create a line that would seem foreign and exotic to the Japanese players playing the game, and succeeded, as long as the players were Japanese. Now, I'm making a translation for English-speaking players, and as such it is my duty to translate not just the words, but the very INTENT of the game makers.

No Emu runs it at full speed yet, and in SFF, rather than travel up the screen, the bullets appear to stay in the same place.

None of them run at full speed? Not even on a powerful computer? That's a shame. What, are the higher FPS locked out or something? Not that I suppose it matters anyways, since most people don't have a really powerful computer. It's a shame. I really want more people to play Radiant Silvergun! I guess I'll just have to get rich so I can start giving away free modded Saturns, heh.

E: About your translation: I dought operator 2 is good enough at math to notice that "...it's exponential!", and doesn't really say the same thing.

Oh, I don't know about that. I bet she's a college-educated woman. After all, she's in an obviously high-ranking command room of the millitary, so she can't be dumb. Besides, the "exponential" part can also be taken to mean a more general large increase in the rate of appearance, not necessarily a strictly numerical basis...though it is kind of neat how that falls into place, isn't it? Looking at Silver's translation, "They're increasing by the second" seems more to imply a linear increase, which it obviously isn't. Of course, it is closer to the line in Japanese, but their concept of an "increasing enemy" is naturally exponential, whereas ours naturally isn't, hence the change.

And Reana's "Level A line" is much funnier in Silver Translations's version.

[post=140460]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, you might be right. But in English, it's kind of awkward to have two subsequent exclamations that are interrogative like that, and it's not exactly comedic gold even in Japanese anyways.

However, put your fears to rest. Since there's already an existing translation, I'm thinking about contacting them and asking if I can make an alternate version using their script. After all, it occurs to me that a lot of the already-existing fans would prefer something more literal. So, if it works out, maybe there will be one half-translation that only translates the words, and an actual translation that translates the intent as well. It's all up to Silver Tranlations, and whether my cast wants to bother with it or not.

Hi Justus,

I read the post on modding the audio of Sega saturn games.

I am very interested in doing this aswell and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

I would like to add my own audio to games like radiant silver gun but do not know how to go about this. :blink:

If you could give any info that would be much apreshiated. ;)

My bro is a whizz on the old pc and he could probably help me out.

Thanks,

Ian (uk). :thumbs-up:

I think this is a great idea.

Heres some of my thoughts:

I hope you do have some very talented voice actors for the parts.Thats really the whole make or break of some animated character on screen is the voice. Have you got some effects to get the 'creators' voice right?

One thing I didnt like about justus script was all the use of heavy swear words like fuck and shit.

Did the japanese words really reflect this strong a language? I dont think that the original authors intended it to be that way , since im sure they knew there would be a young audience. And when you have language like that in something like this, it really dumbs the whole thing down.

I prefer the leaving in "be attitude for gains" too. I dont know why you would want to alter the ingame text anyway. The translations should be focused on the scenes.

Im not too picky on an exact literal translation. I sure your going to have to play with the script anyway to get the length of the voice actors lines to sync to the visuals.

I asked the guy at the "silver translations" website about dubbing RS scenes in english a really long time ago and he was not optimistic about it at all. He was worried about finding good voice actors and the technical difficulty of rehashing the video. Is that a major hurdle here to reencode the video back?

I played snatchers on sega cd back in january and was blowed away by it. Really excellent game. I heard about policenauts and wondered why hasnt noone has translated that? If its half as good as snatchers then it really needs translating.

Originally posted by croft@Sun, 2005-10-09 @ 10:06 AM

Hi Justus,

I read the post on modding the audio of Sega saturn games.

I am very interested in doing this aswell and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

I would like to add my own audio to games like radiant silver gun but do not know how to go about this. :blink:

If you could give any info that would be much apreshiated. ;)

My bro is a whizz on the old pc and he could probably help me out.

Thanks,

Ian (uk). :thumbs-up:

[post=140511]Quoted post[/post]​

Believe me, it's not very hard at all in Silvergun's case. I am NOT a hacker by any means like I had said, just a sound engineer.

It was really an accident. I saw online about the extra content on the RS disk if you open it in Windows, and thought I'd check it out. Then, much to my surprise, my auto insert notification (which I usually keep turned off, but I had just installed a fresh OS), offered to play audio tracks. When I opened the audio tracks, there was the voice acting!

That's right, the voice acting is all in CD audio, and you can hear it by simply popping your RS disk into any CD player. This is highly unusual, since most games keep audio like that in an ADPCM format, which I've never experimented with changing.

But changing CD audio is a cinch! Literally all you have to do is get a good rip of the data track as an ISO, then burn a mixed-mode using YOUR wav files instead of the original tracks.

Doing the the audio for the video files is a little tougher, since they are in the Saturn's native Cinepak format. If you can locate the .CPK files for the videos on the game's disk, there are a number of software tools that can digitally convert them to .AVI for Windows (and still using Cinepak compression, which was actually a very common Windows codec before DivX). You can find any number of such tools on this very site under the "Saturn Dev" section if you click on "Saturn Development Tools" and then look under "Saturn video tools". The one I used was called Winvdt2, and worked like a charm. There's another tool at the top of that list that claims to be able to convert .AVIs back into the standard .CPK Saturn format. I haven't ACTUALLY tried it yet, but I'm sorting of hoping that it'll be as easy as editing the ripped .AVIs, converting them back to .CPK, and then burning the disk with the new .CPK files. If that won't work, I'll have to get back to Mr. ofDragons here about it. If it DOES work, then I imagine that you could do the same with ADPCM audio and all that by finding appropriate tools. And if it requires a little hacking to pull off, then you can also do what I did and ask for help.

I think this is a great idea.

Well I'm glad SOMEONE does. So far, harecore Saturn-ers seem to think messing with it is blasphomy, and everyone else thinks I'm wasting my time. Good thing I'm not actually doing this for anyone else's sake, or it'd never get done.

Heres some of my thoughts:

I hope you do have some very talented voice actors for the parts.Thats really the whole make or break of some animated character on screen is the voice.

I agree wholeheartedly. However, a big part of the dubbing process that I feel is often overlooked is the role of the director. Despite what you might think, I'm actually not really into dubs. I'd generally prefer to experience anything from Japan in the original language with subtitles. This is, in large part, because dubbing is almost always crap. It can almost not help but be crap though, because the emotions, emphases, extra noises (grunts, sighs, etc.), ...even the onomanapea (sp?) of Japanese are so foreign to the English language. Beyond the character of the speech, the words themselves are foreign to English-speaking culture, which actually makes a "good" dub next to impossible to do. However, it's ALSO generally crap because dubbers tend to rush through a dub process without giving it the time it needs for a really complete translation, and these studios also generally don't take the time to educate the actors and rehearse before recording. The studios that do most dubs do it the way Disney does theirs - one character in the studio at a time. It works for Disney because, since they record the voice acting before they draw the animation, the animators can draw the animation to make the emotion look perfectly natural, so Disney's voice actors have a lot of choice in creative interpretation. In Japan, the animation is done first, because the emphasis is put on the artwork. As a result, Japanese voice studios get all the actors they are using together in the same studio, and they all take turns on one microphone, responding to each other naturally (which is why Japanese voice acting tends to have such a more natural-sounding flow than anything else, even if the actual acting is crap, which it usually is actually, more than the non-Japanese speaking people could ever understand). Just about every voice studio that dubs anime (and games) chooses to take Disney's approach, despite the fact that it's proven not to work well for anything where the video's already been done. I've decided to mix the two, and record the dub as if it were a play. I'm having my actors actually rehearse (both with and without microphones), and make eye-contact and all that stuff. When I DO record, all the actors will be in the isolation booth, but unlike the Japanese, I'm giving each actor his/her own microphone, so that they can keep making eye contact and respond to the lines in a natural physical way (you'd be surprised what a difference this can make to the voice!).

As for the actors I'm using...I won't lie, I'm not poor, but I'm not rich, so much as I would like to, I can't afford to hire top guns of the voice acting world like Alan Oppenheimer or Michael Bell. I can't even really afford to hire "professional voice actors", nor would I want to try. As I mentioned, I'm trying something different, and as such would like different sorts of actors. For a number of the actors I'm using, I've tugged on contacts I've kept from my alma mater, and everyone involved is either a professional or talented amateur actor of SOME kind. For most of these people, this will be the first time they've ever tried voice overs before. A lot of them are stage actors (which is why my "play" approach ought to work well). The guy I have playing Tengai has a lot of experience doing narration for local documentaries and independant films, the guy playing Igarashi is a seasoned radio veteran, etc. etc. I'm also hoping, as I would hope to have implied by now, that I can fix a lot of problems by using good direction, something that is often overlooked. I believe that if you find someone who has the right character of voice, and you work with that person long enough, you can get him and her to sound like whatever you want as long as you have a solid vision for the project. The only thing I'm really worried about is that most of the guys I know who I can use are in their twenties, so getting really young-sounding voices or older-sounding voices is a challenge, but I'm hoping I can make it work! At any rate, I'm mostly doing all this for experience, and because I want to try. After I do this and Ys 4, I'll probably never try doing this again (after all, like I said, I prefer watching and playing in Japanese anyways).

Have you got some effects to get the 'creators' voice right?

You have no idea. I've got all kinds of filters and manglers to try! Originally, I was actually planning on creating a 100% synthetic voice, but I think I can make something that sounds cooler by altering a human's voice. That being said, you might notice that there hardly any effects on the original Japanese voice. It pretty much sounds like a high-pitched Japanese guy doing his best to imitate a robot naturally. Whatever I end up doing will sound way way more robotic than that. I at least plan to use an auto-tune and ring modulator. If it doesn't kill the legibility of the lines, I might use a mild multi-pitch chorus effect and a distortion as well...I dunno, the chorus effect tends to sound more like the "killer death" type of robot. We'll just have to see! I do want the lines to remain very legible though. Did you ever see Battlestar Galactica? You know the Zylons? Yeah...more legible than that, way more.

One thing I didnt like about justus script was all the use of heavy swear words like fuck and shit.

Did the japanese words really reflect this strong a language? I dont think that the original authors intended it to be that way , since im sure they knew there would be a young audience. And when you have language like that in something like this, it really dumbs the whole thing down.

Most of the time, I agree with you on this. I think a lot of people who do dubs and translations like to add unneccesary cursing just to "be cool" or something. That's not the case here. Look closely at WHO curses, and in what situations. The only character who curses constantly is Guy, and it's because he's the sort of character who would, if he had been an English speaker. So, he curses because he's being portrayed as a young and immature hothead (which he is). The other characters only curse the way a more mature adult might, which is to say only in situations of extreme emotional duress (ie. - Baster when Guy jets off at the beginning of stage 2, or when the Penta starts throwing Silverguns at them in stage 4, Tengai when Guy dies, Igarashi when he's about to die, and because it's amusing byplay). You might also notice that only Guy ever uses the F word, which is very much in keeping with his and everyone else's character.

It's true, Japanese doesn't really have taboo words, but English sure does! This is, after all, a translation from Japanese to English, is it not? Besides, I would argue that what Japanese lacks in colorful words, it more than makes up for in expressiveness. For instance, there are words and ways of delivery in Japanese that can imply the exact same thing as "Fuck you! I hope you die and go to Hell!" does in English, The "I can't believe he just said that!" feeling and everything. There are words and ways of delivery in Japanese that will produce the exact same reaction, the same discomfort and disgust from people, as if someone in New York City ran up and down a public street screaming "shit! shit! shit!" at the top of his lungs. Maybe even more so, because

Japanese people actually become disgusted and uncomfortable far more easily than most Americans do...which is maybe why our language needs stronger words to make up for it.

As for younger audience....you're not proposing that THIS translation will be viewed by a younger audience, are you? I'm fairly certain almost everyone who plays this translation will either be an adult or a more computer-savvy teen. A little cursing shouldn't bruise such people's ears too easily, unless they're megachristian or something, in which case they aren't likely to illegally download a full game which is illegally hacked to play on an illegally modified Saturn anyways.

I prefer the leaving in "be attitude for gains" too. I dont know why you would want to alter the ingame text anyway. The translations should be focused on the scenes.

It is. Really, the changing of the text is not a big deal. Besides, translation B won't have any text changed, so you can get that one if it really bugs you. Or you can feel free to mix n' match too - ISO with original text with translation A's CD audio, etc. You're on your own for compiling those disks though.

Im not too picky on an exact literal translation. I sure your going to have to play with the script anyway to get the length of the voice actors lines to sync to the visuals.

You got that right. Japanese is such a comparatively wordy language!

I asked the guy at the "silver translations" website about dubbing RS scenes in english a really long time ago and he was not optimistic about it at all. He was worried about finding good voice actors and the technical difficulty of rehashing the video. Is that a major hurdle here to reencode the video back?

Yeah, he was less than enthusiastic about it when I contacted him too. I'm sure he feels that it ought to be good enough for anyone to just play the game in Japanese while following the story on his website. Really, you can't fault the logic, and I actually halfway agree. Still, I'd like to try. As for rehashing the video, it's really not hard. You can edit a movie's audio stream separately from the video part quite easily, and use a program like VirtualDub to rejoin the new audio to the old video. For that matter, one of my actors dabbles in video editing, and he's gonna help me add subtitles for the text in them. I suppose I COULD have him add subs for the voice acting too, and leave 'em in Jap...but it doesn't seem kosher to have subbed movies, while the ingame dialogue is dubbed, and I'm pretty sure there isn't any way outside of some truly legendary hacking to add in-game subtitles.

I played snatchers on sega cd back in january and was blowed away by it. Really excellent game. I heard about policenauts and wondered why hasnt noone has translated that? If its half as good as snatchers then it really needs translating.

Sadly, I've played neither yet. I've had copies of Snatchers laying around for about 6 months (both the English version for Sega-CD, and the Japanese version for PC Engine), but I haven't gotten around to 'em yet. Policenauts, I imagine, would be a REALLY freaking tough dub. As I mentioned, I probably won't do any fandubs other than RS and Ys IV. Ys IV will be tough enough, with its over two hours of dialogue and 37 voice-acted characters. In fact, I plan on sacrificing two straight weeks to just the recording of it (not even the rehearsal)...two weeks of doing nothing BUT (asked time off from my various jobs and everything), not to mention it's gonna about kill me to come up with even token payments for my actors (the ones who aren't already doing it on the condition of payment, that is). I don't think something like Policenauts could be attempted without the time and financial resources of someone who does it for a living, unless they just REALLY wanna do it. I'm not terribly interested in doing an English dub for it, because I hear all the lines have text in addition to the voice acting, which means that it's possible to just translate the text, and still understand the game, even with the speech in Japanese. I've heard of other interest is such a thing. If I do any other dubs, I'd rather stick to games that couldn't be presented in English any other way (outside of extreme hacking). For instance, something like Kaze no Densetsu Xanadu on PC Engine.

Update: The rehearsal yesterday went quite well. The person playing Guy is perfect for the role. Tengai'll need a little work, especially with the emotional scene at the end of stage 5, but I think we're getting there. His narration, as expected, is top notch. I've got a complete set of WAVs from the fellow from Texas I'm using to record Creator's lines. His voice is naturally QUITE high-pitched, but I suppose it won't even be recognizable after I mangle it. I think it'll turn out well. I've come up with about 1/3 of the SFX that play in the background of some of the speech files, so that's coming along too.

Also, I've recieved hesitant permission from Silver Translations to use their script (I will fix some of the more obvious grammatical errors, but other than that, it'll pretty much be verbatim). So I'll be using that script for a second translation to please those purists among you. The only other thing is to ask the actors if they don't mind. Thus far, they don't. The only guy I haven't asked yet is the one who's playing Creator, and I'm sure he won't mind too much. So it looks like translation B will happen too. That being said, I wouldn't know where to begin on trying to make these lines sound good spoken aloud, so I'm probably not going to try too hard to spend lots of extra directing time on this alternate script.

Yeah...I talk too much.

If you just copy all the files off of the disc, and just re-burn them, it won't work. There's stuff that isn't copied (Yes, other than the security ring), so it requires so saturn dev software.

I thnk the voice acting is in the form of waves so as to make the porting from ST-V to Saturn easyer

The reson I was agains changing "Be attitude for gains" was that new players would'nt know what it ment.

But it doesn't really matter. The question now is, what would we put in it's place?

Back