GDMenu Theme Manager

[Release] GDMenu Theme Manager 1.15

GDMenu Theme Manager

Video Demonstration
(Recorded on linux so looks slightly off)

(If you're having an issue with creating an OpenMenu theme, Please run this app as Administrator)

Image:
trwMSE6.png

TqlsaDn.png

bmBEmJw.png

vEEqv6D.png

9DnPauY.png

Example:
This is an example of a higher quality theme.
ZWc2pqG.png

2J3Aks3.png

Basic Guide:
Choose a theme from the list on the right.

2. Click Import Theme.

3. Click Save.

4. Click Finalize.

5. Now navigate to the 'GDEMU_SD 1.10' folder and launch the 'GDEMU_SD.exe' which is the GDEMU SD Card Maker 1.10 app.

6. Insert your GDEMU sd card if you haven't already and select it on the GDEMU SD Card Maker 1.10 app and your games should appear, now simply click Save on the GDEMU SD Card Maker 1.10 app and yes to customize and then simply click Done and let it apply the changes to your sd card and the new theme should be applied and you can close both applications and eject your sd card and test it out in your dreamcast.

Enjoy.

Downloads:
GDEMU Theme Manager

Update (18/03/2024)
  • Various bugfixes and tweaks.
  • Changed the location of a few things, Fonts is now in Assets, Themes is now in Assets and called Standard, And the Previews folders are in the appropriate theme folders.
  • Updated 'GDMenu Theme Preview Generator' to reflect the new theme and preview folders.
  • Updated 'GDEMU Games List Generator', Now it should be able to detect any game with either ' DISC 1' or ' (DISC 1)' on the end and show it as having none as well as hide the associated DISC 2, DISC 3 and DISC 4 much better than it did before.
  • Updated 'GDMenu Theme Manager' fixing an issue i spotted in the previous version as well as made tweaks to the OpenMenu themes section allowing you to click a previously assigned theme to see the colors associated with it as well as preview the theme in the top right corner, I also tweaked which colors are assigned from the presets so the menu is more clear, Although some presets may need tweaked.
  • Included 10 themes to start you off but then can easily be overwrote from the OpenMenu themes section.
  • Added button which is only visible when 'GDMENU Card Manager' option is selected which will allow you to see the themes (if any) that are applied but not change them, You'll still have to go through the normal process to change them.
  • Replaced 'ReadMe' with a link to my youtube video guide.

Update (11/03/2024)
  • Updated 'GDMenu Theme Manager' to v1.14 to include and support the latest version of 'OpenMenu RC1' (Dated: 11.03.24).
  • Included the latest version of 'GDMENU Card Manager v2.0.0'.
  • Added support for applying 10 custom themes (10 being the max) to OpenMenu's GDMenu layout, You can apply multiple themes without closing my manager. You can either apply custom colors to those themes from in 'Advanced ~ Font Colors' before the OpenMenu Themes screen pops up or directly on that screen before clicking Apply on a slot you wish to save it on.
  • Updated 'GDEMU Games List Generator' (in the Optional folder) it now will only generate a 'GDEMU Games.txt' file when you open your sd card and click save games list, On loading up your sd card it will automatically rename games with Disc 1 to 6 in them and remove the duplicates so it will list your individual games and give you a more accurate count of them as well as saving the amount and how much free space you have left on your sd card to the txt file.
  • Updated 'GDMenu Theme Preview Generator' (in the root folder) to v1.05 to fix a slight issue with it displaying the information incorrectly which would be saved to your preview and removed the ability to convert a theme to OpenMenu as it's no longer needed and done in the main app.

GDEMU Games List Generator: (Separate Download)
GDEMU Games List Generator v1.6

GDEMU Games List Generator Preview:
noK2qY0.png

I8VKgwU.png

GDMenu Theme Preview Generator v1.1:
axlOlxU.png

YaZguB3.png

oRv4Olq.png

This application comes included with GDMenu Theme Manager and allows you to take a theme png you've created and instantly create a preview image for it without having to flash the theme to an sd card, stick it in the dreamcast and using a phone to take a screenshot or a capture card.
You can also click the preview to see a larger version which size can be manually adjusted or it can be maximized.

Last edited:
added 3 new themes created by 'Everyone's Favorite Dead Girl' and 'Mayor Qwert' from Discord
updated the rev of GDEMU SD Card Maker i was including

Hello @RazorX,

I'm donwloadind the app for test it, big thanks for your work :beerchug:. I have a question about the app, It's possible create a theme 90 degrees rotated? I like to do a mini compilation with Shmups tate compatible and will be nice have a gdemu also in tate mode.

Best!

@RazorX awesome job!! I will start making themes my own. Some questions, which are the limits for the image (size/ dimensions)? and how it is possible to use together with GDMENUCardManager.v1.3.2. (not coping 1st_read.bin to data folder)? I think is way better than Sd maker 1.10, since it has native zip support and shrink function. By the way in current download, the SD manager window position in config.bin is out of limits (it took me a few tries to figure it out whats going on), some less friendly tech users could have some problems... thank you!

Hello @RazorX,

I'm donwloadind the app for test it, big thanks for your work :beerchug:. I have a question about the app, It's possible create a theme 90 degrees rotated? I like to do a mini compilation with Shmups tate compatible and will be nice have a gdemu also in tate mode.

Best!
no i don't think so, i haven't found anyway of rotating the games list like that sorry

@RazorX awesome job!! I will start making themes my own. Some questions, which are the limits for the image (size/ dimensions)? and how it is possible to use together with GDMENUCardManager.v1.3.2. (not coping 1st_read.bin to data folder)? I think is way better than Sd maker 1.10, since it has native zip support and shrink function. By the way in current download, the SD manager window position in config.bin is out of limits (it took me a few tries to figure it out whats going on), some less friendly tech users could have some problems... thank you!
sorry you had some issues, this app is made to be used with the included sd card maker app and how that generates gdmenu each time you apply changes to the sd card which makes it really easy to change your theme whenever you want easily with minimum effort.
as for gdmenu card manager it's not something i've tried or looked into since i'm pretty much done with my gdemu sd card, it's got like 350 games on it and i've used my tools i made to fix every game that was missing the disc image to now have it so i now consider it done.
at some point in the near future i will update this app again to see if i can add more to it but right now i'm taking a bit of a break from it.

sorry you had some issues, this app is made to be used with the included sd card maker app and how that generates gdmenu each time you apply changes to the sd card which makes it really easy to change your theme whenever you want easily with minimum effort.
as for gdmenu card manager it's not something i've tried or looked into since i'm pretty much done with my gdemu sd card, it's got like 350 games on it and i've used my tools i made to fix every game that was missing the disc image to now have it so i now consider it done.
at some point in the near future i will update this app again to see if i can add more to it but right now i'm taking a bit of a break from it.

RazorX, is that you?! I've missed you, buddy!

RazorX updated GDMenu Theme Manager with a new update entry:

GDMenu Theme Manager v1.6b

Made some improvements to the ability to use HD themes, Now all you do is add your HD themes (as any name but still .png) in 'Assets\HD' and when you click apply under advanced settings you will see this:
byT5qV1.png

Now just select the theme you want to apply and click Accept and you're good to go and just need to click Scramble and do the usual from there.
I have also included the HD pso theme i made and HD versions of my friend Riggles bios styled themes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

RazorX updated GDMenu Theme Manager with a new update entry:

GDMenu Theme Manager v1.6c

WpL0sUL.png

qEPiql1.jpg

Update (04/09/2021) - Added the ability to use any filesize font, Just put the font image in 'Assets\HD' and call it font_8x16.png then click Apply on the option to enable it under 'Advanced - Customize Options' and continue as normal.
I also updated my theme generator app, it's now more clear you can click the image to view a larger adjustable version.
I have also added a 'SEGA' VMU image under...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back