• Rise from your gwave!

REMAKE of Shining Force:The Final Conflict

Discussion in 'Sega Master System and Game Gear' started by Silender, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Silender

Silender New Member

Oh yeah it's true look here for more info and downloads:

http://www.hiddengalaxy.net/shiningdev/

Congats to these GOLD guys!!! :)

2. Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta Member

That actually looks like a pretty neat bit of coding, do you think that the game would run on a real gba if the game was copied to a flash cart?

3. Xavier

Xavier Mid Boss

well yeah if it runs on an emulator its probably run on the real thing 2 .

4. ExCyber

ExCyber Staff Member

Not necessarily. Emulators tend to get certain things wrong such that stuff that runs on the hardware will run on the emu, but not the reverse.

5. rcefiro

rcefiro New Member

Wow, that looks sweet [​IMG] I tried the GBA and it's looking pretty nice. Although I've never played Shining Force The Final Conflict, I know I'll be following this project until it's completed. Keep up the good work Shining Dev Team.

6. Silender

Silender New Member

7. rcefiro

rcefiro New Member

Cool, grabbing the ROM right now. Thanks Silender for pointing it out.

8. Silender

Silender New Member

[​IMG]

First of all: NINTENDO has NOTHING to do with Camelot's & Sonic Team's RPG called "Shining Force Gaiden 3: The Final Conflict" (which was for Game Gear). We already have (Yes I work on that too [​IMG] ) taken permission from Sega and these days we're expecting our permission from Camelot too so stop bugging and read all the info in the site.

Here I have some quotes from the site:

This one is when we received the "Good luck" in our try from SEGA.

And this is the LEGAL disclaimer which is always there for some guys like you my friend.

Second: All other companies except Nintendo's stuborn guys allows you to have a ROM since you have the original game.

You're not the one who will tell me what is allowed and what's not son. Try visit the site I posted and read carefully what is written in there and talk to me again.

Question: How many ILLEGAL games for Saturn and Sega CD have you downloaded from the present site's FTPs? Don't tell me none cause you will be a big liar.You don't like my post? DON'T read it man!

(Sorry for my offensive tone Ice).

9. Random Hajile

Random Hajile New Member

Well, if you wanna go by that Nintendo also has said renting a game from Blockbuster video (etc.) was piracy, so was buying used games . [​IMG]

Just guess what I think about that outlook?? [​IMG]

Comments like this are getting real old.... [​IMG]

10. Well, if you wanna go by that Nintendo also has said renting a game from Blockbuster video (etc.) was piracy, so was buying used games . [​IMG]

Just guess what I think about that outlook?? [​IMG]

Comments like this are getting real old.... [​IMG][/b][/quote]

buying used games isn't piracy! Neither is game renting! On my tails adventure GG cart, it said UNAUTHORISED renting is prohibited.

11. ExCyber

ExCyber Staff Member

But as far as Nintendo is concerned, the end effect is nearly identical - someone gets to play the game without Nintendo getting paid for it. In fact, Nintendo tries to tell Japanese consumers that they're not allowed to sell their used games; I don't know whether or not this is actually true (Nintendo's legal people have been known to interpret the law in their own magical way).

See above. Nintendo tried to shut down Blockbuster in the NES days by suing them for including photocopied manuals. Their goal wasn't really to get the use of photocopied manuals to stop, it was to punish Blockbuster for renting NES games. They've since realized that the effort is futile and now use Blockbuster as a promotional tool.

Texts like that are usually not very good sources of legal information - they typically claim that certain things are categorically prohibited when there are circumstances under which they are legal (see Sega v. Accolade, Sony v. Connectix, Title 17 Sec. 117 United States Code, the "first sale" doctrine, etc.). I'm not saying that any of these things legitimizes any arbitrary distribution, just that those little texts on carts and CDs and such don't really tell the whole story.

12. Silender

Silender New Member

LOL

I just re-read over the thread and laughed!!! hahaha.

13. RitualOfTheTrout

RitualOfTheTrout New Member

Wow! thats great news! I cant wait to get a hold of this game translated. If Sega and the Sonic team never get around to translating shining force 3 hopefully something like this starts for that also. Oh how I desire to play that game in english...

14. Silender

Silender New Member

Well... I don't know if that helps. I have the whole translation of the Second scenario and nearly 75% of the Third(to be completed in a few days).