Ripping to use in Gens......

okay how do i do it. i have alcohol, nero and clone cd. gens didnt seem to like the .ccd image and i make a nero image it didnt like as well. i couldnt find out how to select eith bin/cue or iso/wav. little help here :) also i cant get a regular cd to boot. i think its looking at the fake drive or whatever one of those burning apps puts on. so i went in the config file and it said cdrom=0 so i changed it to 1 and it still says AXV CD/DVD Rom 2.2a as my only choice. ive got the v1.1.0 bios as well.

gens lets you choose the cd drive from within the program; you don't need to edit config files. if the drive you want to use doesn't show as an option, you probably need to install an aspi layer. do a google search for forceaspi.

gens won't load nero images or wav files. you can open the .bin (or .img) files by going to the open menu, selecting sega cd image, and forcing the box to display all the files by entering an asterisk (*) in the load field, then selecting your file. the game will load but you won't have any cd audio. cdrwin and blindwrite produce working images. you can load them with a virtual drive and boot it like a normal cd drive to get cd audio.

alcohol produces bad rips for sega cd games. don't bother with it.

Originally posted by King M@Jun 9, 2004 @ 04:02 PM

gens lets you choose the cd drive from within the program; you don't need to edit config files. if the drive you want to use doesn't show as an option, you probably need to install an aspi layer. do a google search for forceaspi.

okay thats probably what i need to do then. i thought i already forced aspi this format but i guess not.

yeah thanks mtx. i just thought i already forced aspi after i fornatted this last time. never crossed my mind that i didnt.

so.....vay works fine now booting from the cd. snatcher hangs at the "select ram cart or internal memory" option. so i ripped it with cdrwin in bin.cue format and cant figure out how to boot it this way. i tried "open rom" but that obviously doesnt work. and you cant pick "boot from cd" because you're booting from an image.

god i feel dumb. i used to have it working fine a long time ago.

Back