Rurouni Kenshin

MasterAkumaMatata

Staff member
I bought the 16 DVD subbed collection from eBay recently and just finished watching everything it last night. Overall, it was a great series IMO. I highly recommend this anime for anyone who hasn't seen it.

For those who don't know, I recommend watching in the following order:

[*]TV series (12 discs; maybe more if you bought dubbed version)

[*]movie (1 disc)

[*]first OAV (Remembrance; 2 discs)

[*]second OAV (Seisouhen; 1 disc)

The first OAV (Remembrance; 2 discs) was just as good as this review puts it. The last OAV (Seisouhen; 1 disc) put me into tears, that's how sad it was.
 

ratfish

Member
okay, now that i'm over the initial shock of the new Anime section...

i saw the first 5 episodes on divx a few months ago.

quality anime.
 

Lyzel

New Member
This is one of my favorites anime. Of course, Ranma 1/2 is still on the top (Too damn funny!) with Dragonball and Inuyasha close behind.

I also hate to admit it, but Sailor Moon rocks!!

/me ducks the flying punches!
 

MasterAkumaMatata

Staff member
Originally posted by Lyzel@Nov. 18 2002, 9:53 pm

This is one of my favorites anime. Of course, Ranma 1/2 is still on the top (Too damn funny!) with Dragonball and Inuyasha close behind.

I also hate to admit it, but Sailor Moon rocks!!

/me ducks the flying punches!
Have you seen the entire series plus movie and 2 OAVs?

Speaking of too-damn-funny anime, have you seen Golden Boy? That was a really funny anime.
 

googlefest1

New Member
the funniest anime in my book is DNA

if you guys have not seen this and liked golden boy(never seen it but know what its about) and ranma you will like this!

man i wish i could somehow post up sample clips
 

MasterAkumaMatata

Staff member
Originally posted by googlefest1@Nov. 19 2002, 10:12 am

the funniest anime in my book is DNA

if you guys have not seen this and liked golden boy(never seen it but know what its about) and ranma you will like this!

man i wish i could somehow post up sample clips
I've seen both DNA² and Golden Boy. Another good funny anime is Irresponsible Captain Tylor.
 

Lyzel

New Member
Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata+Nov. 19 2002, 12:13 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MasterAkumaMatata @ Nov. 19 2002, 12:13 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Lyzel@Nov. 18 2002, 9:53 pm

This is one of my favorites anime. Of course, Ranma 1/2 is still on the top (Too damn funny!) with Dragonball and Inuyasha close behind.

I also hate to admit it, but Sailor Moon rocks!!

/me ducks the flying punches!
Have you seen the entire series plus movie and 2 OAVs?

Speaking of too-damn-funny anime, have you seen Golden Boy? That was a really funny anime.
[/b][/quote]

Yup, I saw all of them. I really hate the ending (but that was done by someone else) My favorite was the TV episodes 1-94. The OVA were really cool.. so much gore... wow


I haven't seen Golden Boy, so I will add that to my priority list
Let me know if you know of any other good (or funny )ones. thanks!
 

Lyzel

New Member
Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata+Nov. 19 2002, 5:48 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MasterAkumaMatata @ Nov. 19 2002, 5:48 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-googlefest1@Nov. 19 2002, 10:12 am

the funniest anime in my book is DNA

if you guys have not seen this and liked golden boy(never seen it but know what its about) and ranma you will like this!

man i wish i could somehow post up sample clips
I've seen both DNA² and Golden Boy. Another good funny anime is Irresponsible Captain Tylor.[/b][/quote]

Oooohhh! I will look into those two
 

Silender

New Member
Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@Oct. 14 2002, 1:37 pm

I bought the 16 DVD subbed collection from eBay recently and just finished watching everything it last night. Overall, it was a great series IMO. I highly recommend this anime for anyone who hasn't seen it.

For those who don't know, I recommend watching in the following order:

[*]TV series (12 discs; maybe more if you bought dubbed version)

[*]movie (1 disc)

[*]first OAV (Remembrance; 2 discs)

[*]second OAV (Seisouhen; 1 disc)

The first OAV (Remembrance; 2 discs) was just as good as this review puts it. The last OAV (Seisouhen; 1 disc) put me into tears, that's how sad it was.
Pardon me bu I think the best way to watch them is:

first OAV

TV series

movie

second OAV

I love that series!
 

MasterAkumaMatata

Staff member
Originally posted by Silender@Dec. 18 2002, 7:36 am

Pardon me bu I think the best way to watch them is:

first OAV

TV series

movie

second OAV

I love that series!
That certainly is the correct chronological order, but I feel it's more powerful if you watch the first OAV right before the second OAV.
 

yashiro

New Member
yes, kenshin was a totally awesome series. sort of a little weak in the third season, but still awesome nonetheless. and yeah, i saw all the ovas too. very nice.

as for the comment regarding the irresponsible captain tylor, i would have to say that it remains my favourite anime series ever. i have yet to meet anybody that can make themselves dislike it, you know? i just wish the makers of tylor had done as good a job on the tylor ovas as the kenshin people did on theirs...
 
Top