Rush Rush Rally Racing Reviewed

vbt

Staff member
The Dreamcast is an amazing piece of kit; ten years going and I still play it far more than any other console I own. With that in mind, Dreamcast owners like myself probably couldn’t have been happier with the announcement of Rush Rush Rally Racing (AKA R4). However, unlike the rest of the world, it isn’t that much of a shock to still see titles hitting our beloved.

Still for all the love that the Dreamcast crowd has, that doesn’t mean you can simply throw anything out and please them. Wind & Water Puzzle Battles proved that games that hit the Dreamcast aren’t simple knock offs or quick tech demos; these are full, completely realised packages. And in that regard Rush Rush is no different.

The game is spread across four distinct modes, Grand Prix, which takes a single racer through ten levels, plus an additional secret stage. Then there’s Versus, Item mode for two to four players, and Get Ahead, an obvious homage to Micro Machines. The first thing you’ll probably notice is just how tough R4 is; even on the easiest difficulty (Way Too Easy!), you’ll be hard pressed to make it through half the Grand Prix on the first play through.

Full review : http://www.beefjack.com/blog/reviews/rush-rush-rally-racing-dreamcast/

Back