Sadness strikes me again...

things haven't been to great for me lately, and i finally see some things improving. My parents finally let me drive my car alone. the chick i like instead of saying thank you when i gave her a little something said "I love you". But when I arrived home today i see 2 sets of flowers in vase's each with a card, one to me and one to my sister. and states that my pet (which is a reason i'm stumped about the card for my sis) died today (October 28, 2003). What makes me feel worse is that i passed right by him when i was hurring to my car in the morning, i don't even know if he was dead yet and other things make me feel bad too... like i found that his water container was empty, did he die of thirst (i don't know if it was empty for over a day or so), it seemed he had slowly been eating less but i'm not sure about that, he seemed to be going #2 less (probably because he didn't eat as much), his coat hadn't evened out since his last shedding, he would get dierriea on and off, but he hasn't in awhile. Could the water bugs that kept going in his food passed an illness to him. all of these things seemed kind of minor then, and it's not like my parents really cared about him since we got him, they never really saw checkups and such necssary and i can't afford vet visits. maybe thats also why right now i feel a kind of resentment toward my immediate family. another thing that i confess to is i wasn't a good master at first, and was kind of abusive, but i was stupid and immature and i changed and for at least 5 years he hasn't been abused, but his first 2 years of his life with his first owners they did abuse him. I don't know if he died peacefully of old age (8-9 years old, and i don't know how old they tend to get), or he died a slow painful death. I certainly feel very bad about all this not knowing exactly what happend, my parents took him away before i even saw him dead, the last i saw him was last night alive and seemingly well. I will miss my lil friend. Rest in Peace my ol' pal Thumper... :( ;_;

Attachments

• Thumper_In_Memory_of_02.jpg
    Thumper_In_Memory_of_02.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Thumper_In_Memory_of_02.jpg
    Thumper_In_Memory_of_02.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 130
Dude, I know how you feel. A couple years ago I had 3 Guinea (sp?) pigs and they all died within a month. Apparently my Grandmother was sick and coughed on them. I was hearbroken that my pals died. Havent gotten a pet for a bit and am just now thinking of getting a new pet.

Sorry for you loss.

I had 2 dogs a few years ago, and they died about 2 years apart. The first was a Keeshond named Cleo, greatest dog ever, died when she was 16 when a tumor burst on her liver. The other was a cockapoo named Biscuit that just died a couple years ago, also a very good dog, wasnt very friendly at first but she grew to be a very loving dog... you wont believe this, but she died at the ripe old age of 23 of, you guessed it...old age. I was heartbroken over both, why do I keep getting more pets? My wife's dog will probably have to be put down within a month or two because she's senile, losing her bladder control (walks and pees at the same time), and has trouble walking/getting up. I also just got a beagle puppy, hopefully he dies after me. :(

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Oct 28, 2003 @ 10:06 PM

Dude, I know how you feel. A couple years ago I had 3 Guinea (sp?) pigs and they all died within a month. Apparently my Grandmother was sick and coughed on them. I was hearbroken that my pals died. Havent gotten a pet for a bit and am just now thinking of getting a new pet.

Sorry for you loss.

Must have been a killer cough :lol: And my sympathies for all here at SX who have lost pets.

Lost my dog several years ago. Wonderful 10 year old Beagle mix. Saddest part was that he died in my arms and I had to bury him in the backyard (where he still is under two concrete slabs as a reminder even though I no longer live at the old house). Died of some liver disease and the last few months had to be on 4 kinds of pills for the rest of his life. Nearly broke my heart. (I was only 17 and had him since 8.)

My cat died last year, I'd had him since I was six. When you've had a pet for that long, you get a weird sort of understanding with them, if that doesn't sound too silly. Still every now and again I'll expect him to be there if I'm pissed off to cheer me up :(

He did have a good life though, 15 is a pretty long innings for a cat. I might see if I can find a picture somewhere.

Originally posted by SEGAFan 3000DC@Oct 28, 2003 @ 09:05 PM

things haven't been to great for me lately, and i finally see some things improving. My parents finally let me drive my car alone. the chick i like instead of saying thank you when i gave her a little something said "I love you". But when I arrived home today i see 2 sets of flowers in vase's each with a card, one to me and one to my sister. and states that my pet (which is a reason i'm stumped about the card for my sis) died today (October 28, 2003). What makes me feel worse is that i passed right by him when i was hurring to my car in the morning, i don't even know if he was dead yet and other things make me feel bad too... like i found that his water container was empty, did he die of thirst (i don't know if it was empty for over a day or so), it seemed he had slowly been eating less but i'm not sure about that, he seemed to be going #2 less (probably because he didn't eat as much), his coat hadn't evened out since his last shedding, he would get dierriea on and off, but he hasn't in awhile. Could the water bugs that kept going in his food passed an illness to him. all of these things seemed kind of minor then, and it's not like my parents really cared about him since we got him, they never really saw checkups and such necssary and i can't afford vet visits. maybe thats also why right now i feel a kind of resentment toward my immediate family. another thing that i confess to is i wasn't a good master at first, and was kind of abusive, but i was stupid and immature and i changed and for at least 5 years he hasn't been abused, but his first 2 years of his life with his first owners they did abuse him. I don't know if he died peacefully of old age (8-9 years old, and i don't know how old they tend to get), or he died a slow painful death. I certainly feel very bad about all this not knowing exactly what happend, my parents took him away before i even saw him dead, the last i saw him was last night alive and seemingly well. I will miss my lil friend. Rest in Peace my ol' pal Thumper... :( ;_;

Nooooooo!

Not thumper!

I had a pet rabbit named thumper... she was my favourite..

I raised her since she was born... :( I miss her dearly... She was the lone grey one... out of a bunch of black dwarves... :(

It was nice out one day.. so we let them play in their cage outside... but then she jumped out of her cage and was never seen again...

I can only hope that she is happily pouncing about in the park near my house :D

Awww.. i'm sorry segafan... these sorts of things happen... This i know all too well because i've had a few pets myself...

My guinea pig and budgie was the same thing.. In the morning i would feed it and give it water... and it looked happy and healthy..

But then i came home from school to find them dead or not in the cage :(

**hugs**

Thumper.jpg

Take care, little one.

when I was little my rabbit bit my finger and I had to go get stitches. Since I was so young the doctor thought it would be a good idea if I wore a sock on my hand so that I wouldn't chew or pick at the stitches. So for a good three months of my 4 year old life I wore a sock on my hand.

Dude, I know how you feel. A couple years ago I had 3 Guinea (sp?) pigs

I've had these as pets before. They're cool, especially when they're little. They just sit in the palm of your hand, all cute like. :D

But, it's always painful to lose a pet. I've seen so many come and go in my family and others'. It's always hard, but you can rest easy knowing they had a good life.

Well i've felt better the past few days about this so i thought i'd update as well as resume posting.

First of all I would like to thank you guys for being so kind about it.

Well things were worse than i thought for Thumper. My dad talked to the previous owner (he works with her) and she was inaccurate by alot, he was only 6 months old when we got him. so he was only like 6 years and maybe 8 or 9 months old, he was an outdoor rabbit so i don't know how long they live. but by what someone told me for indoor rabbits, he died very premature.

To make matters even worse, when my mom came home that night she told me about his last hours, because when i left really was still alive (makes me feel worse since i walked right past him). When my mom came back from dropping my sis off at school she always says hi to him but this time he didn't move. she repeated twice more and then opened the cage to pet him and he moved just one paw. She called the vet and made an appointment for 9:30 A.M. and called my dad who came home to go with her. she went back to the garage where he was and he moved to the other side of the cage (a relief for her) they put him in his travel box and took him to the vet and in the waiting room they heard him start to cry/squeek (they only do this if their in pain or scared and he was probably both) and my mom said she even heard him scream and then they were called in, They pet him and he was silent. then the nurse put him on the table and he rolled to his side. the nurse became very concerned and called the doc from another patient to see him. he felt his stomach and said it feels like he has a hairball, and the nurse said i'm sorry there is nothing we can do, your rabbit is dead. they were offerd to take him back to bury or creamation. Creamation was too expensive ($80) and my mom didn't want to take him home like that even though my father did. I think they left him there for thier creamation, but we don't get him in the little bottle.

It made me feel so awful, and as though i killed him, i should have pushed my parents when i first noticed his poo was coming out weird again (he had a hairball before) to take him in. I feel so bad that he died early, and especially that he died in pain.

Attachments

• Thumper_in_Memory_of_01.jpg
    Thumper_in_Memory_of_01.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Thumper_in_Memory_of_01.jpg
    Thumper_in_Memory_of_01.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 124
I'm sorry SegaFan... :(

Death is never a pretty thing...

But the one consolation is that now you know he will no longer suffer any pain...

I've had lots of pets die on me... so I know how you must feel..

**hugs**

Back