Samurai Jack

mtxblau

Mid Boss
First Details: Samurai Jack

Sega's first plans to bring the popular cartoon series to the consoles.

January 23, 2004 - Working with the creative team that orchestrated the hit TV Cartoon Network show Samurai Jack, Sega of America has plans to bring Samurai Jack: The Shadow of Aku, the videogame, to the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and GameCube as early as this March, IGN learned from Electronics Boutique's website today.

While Sega of America would not comment on the game prior to next Monday's event, EB Games' site has full details, with a curiously early release date of March 16, and an MSRP of $39.99.

Dubbed Samurai Jack: The Shadow of Aku, Sega's action-combat game is supposed to deliver seamless animations to match the excellent looking show, as Jack himself will move through four realms and 24 levels ranging from a village to a city from the future in Aku's universe, each with interactive backgrounds including sliceable ropes, breakable doors and secret passages.

For those familiar with the show, the enemy roster highlights Aku, Mad Jack and the Scotsman among 25 other creatures. The primarily action-based game arms Jack with 25 signature moves, the ability to hurl shurikens, fire arrows from bows, and utilize four elemental swords. Players can even hand enemies their pink slip on life in a tongue-in-cheek bullet-time mode called "Sakai Mode."

In the effort to give the game the authenticity in needs with the well established fan-base, Sega is working with the show's creator Genndy Tartakovsky, and its voice acted by the series' cast.

Come Monday, we'll have more details and screenshot on Samurai Jack: The Shadow of Aku.

Article Here

---

I'm a huge Samurai Jack fan, couldn't resist. Hopefully it's as amazing as the cartoon series.

I'm not but this sounds like it could be cool. I mean I'll give it a chance. The show is animated in a cool way so the game sounds like cel shading could be workable. As long as it's not a side scroller, i'm good.

It's encouraging when more talented publishers do licended games like Sega and Konami as opposed to Aklaim and such.

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Jan 25, 2004 @ 05:38 AM

is acc-lame still making games? I really wish they'd quit if they are.

I don't know -- I think I sub-conscienely filter them out

Back