Saturn appraisal.

For how much would a slightly scuffed, MODDED Saturn go for on Ebay? I want to sell one on Ebay with a reasonable reserve.

You'll be lucky... ebay will probably remove the auction before it finishes. They dont seem to like ''modified'' consoles up for auction. :(

I was gunna stick a few fully modded saturns on ebay.. but I just saw 2 other modded saturn ebay auctions removed.

If it comes with all cables, and controler(s), around $30.

Since it's modded, add another $10 - $15.

That's how much I'd sell it for anyway.

Just post it on the BST forum here, they always seem to go pretty quickly when people sell them. I think Cloud's estimate is a bit low... $30-45 is reasonable for a stock saturn with a controller, but the mod chip is worth $20 by itself, not to mention labor and the fact that it works. I'd offer it for about $60-70 personally.

i sold mine on this very board for about $75 i believe.

i'd be willing to buy yours for just about that amount, possibly. :D

add 10-15 dollars for modding?

WHAT!?

chip 20 USD is cheap (racket sells them for a great price) labor... and if its country modded, my labor charge would be rather significant! That 50/60 mod aint easy, not that hard, but still you need to know what your doing. Takes time. I charge atleast 30 bones to do an XBOX just because of the time itself. And thats for friends.

you ask potentional buyers how much they are willing to pay for mod'd saturn? :p 'coz they will tell you the lowest possible amount...

fully mod'd saturn - region, 50/60Hz, and chip - will be still be a steal at around $70-100 plus shipping... imho anyway

I sold mine for $100 a while back

I even had about 10 people willing to pay the same for it aftwards

I think I sold my last one for around $50 to $75 AUD.

But then I'm a nice guy. :)

I sold one here for about $85 shipped a while back.

If it's 'chipped', as well as Territory Modded, I say that's an easy $100 US right off the bat, and that doesnt include if it comes with a RAM cart(s), or any games (original games, btw).

Wow.. Seem to be getting a bit of an uproar over my suggestion.

Let's see.. I bought my Saturn for $28 (But let's round up to $30).

Saturn = $30.

Modboard is anywhere from $12 - $20.

Modboard = $12 - $20.

So we're looking at $42 - $50 for a modded console.

if you know how to mod it.

a lot of people dont like risking it cause they dont have the skill to solder. Which I don't understand, its really easy to solder.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Fri, 2005-03-04 @ 06:11 PM

if you know how to mod it.

a lot of people dont like risking it cause they dont have the skill to solder. Which I don't understand, its really easy to solder.

[post=130915]Quoted post[/post]​

It's not easy for morons like me, I know exactly what to do and totally understand the whole soldering process but my success rate for soldering is 3 out of 7 consoles. And taking into account that two of the successes were just GBA Afterburners that's not too good. I did put an import chip in my Dreamcast successfully, but I've killed 1 Saturn, 1 GBA and two PS2s. I don't know what it is, I'm just no good at it, and what makes it strange is I have no confidence in my skills unless there is a potential mod job to do--then I dive right into it and usually screw up. I don't know

EDIT: More on topic, in my opinion a mod-chipped Saturn should be around $90 US. I think that's fair, because while it is an easy mod, the work spent (or luck) obtaining a Saturn that can be modded also needs to be taken into account. I payed a lot (over $60 I think) for the labor only, but I got more mods done. Besides a mod-chip I got a switchless 3-region mod installed and changed the LED light to blue (which I understand isn't fun to do). He also adjusted the laser to read CD-RWs. Worth it in my opinion, because this Saturn kicks ass, and I never would have been able to do all that.

I'd like to buy a mod-chipped and 50/60Hz modded Saturn. It doesn't need a country switch; I'm hoping to get a cart.

If anyone could help, that would be fantastic! :)

I sold a yellowed white Japanese one for $67AUD on ebay but the buyer never payed, so i re-listed and it went for $150AUD instead.

Then I bought another one in perfect (very very perfect)condition with mod for $110AUD, the funny thing is that the seller didnt know that it had a mod in it, infact neither did i till i got it home and booted a copy of Radiant Silvergun!

heh, i aughta go into business or something then. The pawn shops around here have tons of saturns for like 20 bucks. Mod em' up and ship em' out.

Ill get back to you guys when I go buy some.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Sat, 2005-03-05 @ 07:52 PM

heh, i aughta go into business or something then. The pawn shops around here have tons of saturns for like 20 bucks. Mod em' up and ship em' out.

Ill get back to you guys when I go buy some.
[post=130955]Quoted post[/post]​

This sounds good! But I bet the shipping would kill me... :D

Racketboy, I'm sorry for not purchasing a chip yet - but I really don't have the money! :(

Back