Saturn light gun machine gun with laser sight

I found this awesome saturn/psx light gun in the shape of a submachine gun with a laser sight. I can only find one instance of it on the internet, http://www.retro-mo.de/Seiten/spielsachen/sega.html, search "naki light gun", it's about 2/3rds down the page, 4th column. Unfortunately I can't get it to work. But it looks cool.

I didn't notice until I got home that the laser sight is missing from the front. Also, I discovered it has a plug for what looks like external power, but no adapter. I played around with my universal adapter. I opened it up and figured out polarity and voltage, but couldn't figure out what it did. The vibration function sometimes seems to work even when the external power isn't turned on, so not sure entirely what that's for.

Sometimes I can get it to shoot, but it shoots by pushing like the "option" button on the side and not by the trigger, and the shooting is very flakey.

Anyway, it has 30 day return policy at discland so I'll probably end up taking it back since it doesn't work and it wasn't cheap. But if it had worked it would have been pretty darned cool.

I know what that plug on the bottom was for now! It was for a foot pedal that acts as a reload button!

I got a "Predator 2" which is a saturn/PSX gun that works in both justifier and guncon mode. It looks identical to the nyko cobra but it's a bit different, and comes with scope accessories and a footpedal. It has the same small powerplug looking thing to connect a footpedal to the gun. So I be that's it!

Probably wasn't good that I was trying plug power into it instead
smile.gif

And I might have figured out some issues with firing/reload. The Predator 2 actually came with a manual, and it specifically and correctly stated that the reload speed must be adjusted depending on whether you're using it with saturn, psx, or psx guncon. The wrong reload speed causes it to not reload right.

Back