Seaman 2

ratfish

Established Member
The Seaman sequel is finally here!

Apparently, the folks over at the-MagicBox.com have a few screenshots of the new life-sim and a release date of "Summer 2007" in Japan set.

Let's hope it makes it overseas soon after.

http://the-magicbox.com/0705/game070515c.shtml

Now all we need is Shenmue 3, and we'll have (most of) the wanted Sega sequels.

i've never played seaman 1 on the dreamcast and in fact almost never heard of it :confused:What made it good ?

Well, beside being the first microphone-using life sim, the engaging dialogue and the writing was amazing. For example, Seaman would ask you things about your lifestyle. Simple things such as birthday, favorite color, etc., but he would also ask you some more personal questions once in a while.

He would later use all the information he knows about you to make comments based on what he knows about you. All of this was done by a voice actor, there were no subtitles in the game.

He would also seem to get pissed if you forgot to pay attention to him for a while, and he would let you know it.

I would also like to point out that Seaman should be regarded as the basic building block of all life sim/pet sim games today. No life sim development team should go without playing Seaman and studying it's mechanics.

There's also the story element, which I don't want to spoil because there was an actual plot to the game. It was only revealed close to the end, when Seaman felt he could trust you with his secret.

Back