Seaman

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Recreate the Experiments of the Scientist Jean Paul Gasse...

Now that you have obtained your own Seaman egg, use the faithful recreation of Dr. Gasse's laboratory to follow in his footsteps, uncovering the secrets of the Seaman. When the Seaman egg hatches, the adventure begins...

Solve Gasse's Puzzles and Set Seaman Free...

Seaman watches you from inside the TV. He reacts to your voice and understands all that you say. Seaman loves a good conversation. His wisecracks and salty wisdom will make you laugh. Share your life with the captive Seaman and take good care of him. If you neglect him, you'll get an earful of attitude. Encourage his growth and evolution, and solve the puzzles hidden in the vivarium to release Seaman to dry land, and to his ultimate destiny...

Seaman: Myth? Magic? or Fact...

Finally, after five years in development, all mysteries are revealed. The legendary Seaman creature has arrived on Sega Dreamcast!
  • The Sega Dreamcast Microphone device facilitates 2-way communication with this inteligent life form
  • The original, interactive AI acquires new knowledge as it imparts wisdom
  • Sega Dreamcast's extraordinary power to create ultra-real graphics and animation simulates Seaman's authentic habitat and evolution
  • The soothing environmental sound design augments the experience
SEGA VMU IS REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS GAME

:rant <-- How do you get Seaman to do this? :lol:

Attachments

• Seaman_Front.JPG
    Seaman_Front.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Seaman_Back.GIF
    Seaman_Back.GIF
    93.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Seaman_GamePlay.JPG
    Seaman_GamePlay.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 215
  • Seaman_Misc.JPG
    Seaman_Misc.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 156
  • Seaman_Front.JPG
    Seaman_Front.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Seaman_Back.GIF
    Seaman_Back.GIF
    93.4 KB · Views: 127
  • Seaman_GamePlay.JPG
    Seaman_GamePlay.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Seaman_Misc.JPG
    Seaman_Misc.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 156
I didn't get any damn free VMU with my Seaman.

I never completed the game, either... got him to about the last stage of evolution, and then said 'fuck it'...

Oh yeah, I love talking to Mr. Spock!

I always wanted a list of supported vocal commands.

It was very funny when Seaman understood the opposite of what I said :D

I bought Seaman, but I've never got to playing it.

Do you really need to play everyday?

It' better if you do. It only takes 10-15 minutes a day. You don't have to check it every single day, but I would check every other day at a minimum.... it'll take you longer to progress if you do that, though. Of course, if time elapses, you can always cheat by setting the DC's clock back. Just make sure you make a note of it, because death is permanent in this game.

Originally posted by it290@Thu, 2005-04-28 @ 11:49 AM

It' better if you do. It only takes 10-15 minutes a day. You don't have to check it every single day, but I would check every other day at a minimum.... it'll take you longer to progress if you do that, though. Of course, if time elapses, you can always cheat by setting the DC's clock back. Just make sure you make a note of it, because death is permanent in this game.

[post=133301]Quoted post[/post]​

I just have to get me this! I've never played or seen it (except screenshots). Sounds really strange, didn't acctually know it was a game, not in the ordinary way of looking at it anyway, but when there is puzzles mentioned I guess it really is a game (not only, you can talk to this fishguy and he remembers shit you've said.)

Anybody care to mention what kind of puzzles there is in the game?

Conspiracy Theory:

Lucky I don't have the BB-adapter for my Dreamcsst, Seaman is probably hooked to agencies all over the world waiting to bring everybody's secrets to court. :D

There are some 'puzzles'.. at certain points in the game you will need to interact in certain ways with objects in the tank or with the Seamen themselves in order to trigger the next phase of evolution. Also, there is a small amount of resource management in the form of managing the food supply. It's kind of like an advanced Tamagotchi, only much more bizarre and interesting.

Back