SeF and Gens Page Back Online!

Gens host was attacked as most know and the site was down. I have helped restore the site and forums again, however the forum posts and most members since 2002 (after that) were lost. =( Please redo your info etc.

Btw im back here too =P never left really. Just wasnt active. ;)

Wow, she lives....haha. Glad to here gens page is back up :). WHat kind of dumbasses get off by doing shit like this?

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@May 17, 2004 @ 08:43 AM

WHat kind of dumbasses get off by doing shit like this?

The usual kind? Anyway, Gens rules so I'm glad to see its home is back up.

Originally posted by Mysticales@May 17, 2004 @ 01:05 AM

however the forum posts and most members since 2002 (after that) were lost. =(

Not that much of a loss, the gens forum has been over-run by crapness ever since stef left...

Ah but there is hope, Im working to restore the old files before the crash, least trying to, meaning maybe in a couple hours, you wont notice the diff that anything was missing. ;)

Also Stef is back too. Few things happening. Nothing too major, but GENS may soon be portable to other systems. =)

Mystic's back! Oh man I got it made... Des & Mystic.... :blush: :drool: :smokin:

You say ported to other systems... You think that may include our beloved Dreamcast? :thumbs-up:

hmmmm, well it's already on xbox....one for DC that runs full speed and stuff would be pimp-shizzle. Either that or an official XBox translation, but the one on XBox (done by xport I believe) rocks enuf IMO. Maybe we could see sum better 32x emulation? Possable 32x/cd emulation!!?!?!?! Sorry, I have high hopes :)

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@May 17, 2004 @ 06:14 PM

Possable 32x/cd emulation!!?!?!?!

And let me just add that it is not a waste of time coding 32X CD emulation for 5 games! :devil

Gens on DC? Nah, not in its full form. Sega CD emulation would be hard enough, 32X requires even more power. However, Stef is working on an optimized, portable, 68k core written in C. Last I checked it was almost done. As far as Genesis emulation on DC goes, the plan was to use it to help speed up BlackAura's DC port of Genesis Plus. But obviously it could be used for other emulators/systems.

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata+May 18, 2004 @ 06:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MasterAkumaMatata @ May 18, 2004 @ 06:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Runik@May 18, 2004 @ 07:15 AM

Ahem ... who is SeF ? :p

At first, I thought Mysticales meant Stéphane (Stef) - Author of GENS. But then after visiting the forums, SeF is probably short for Sega emulation Forums. :lol: [/b][/quote]

You make a point here ;)

I thought the same thing first (and I know Stef, I'm using his scsp core in Saturnin), thanks for your explanations :D

Back