• Rise from your gwave!

Sega CDX question(s)

Discussion in 'Genesis/Mega Drive' started by Jagaadelic, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Jagaadelic

Jagaadelic New Member

Hi,

I just read that the CDX has problems playing a few of the older games, is this true?, and if it is does anyone know which ones are incompatible. Here is the site:

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/2493/segacdxre.html

Also, can you use the Power Base Converter on it?

One the pawn shops in my area has a CDX for $20, so that is why I am asking this. Any help would be appreciated.

Jagaadelic

2. NSerafini

NSerafini New Member

For $20 bucks, as long as it works, grab it. The go for alot more on ebay... I think jurassic park is one game, and there might be a few others. Also, Sega never wanted people to use the CDX w/ a 32X . However the 32X manual show how to install it. ( there is a insert card stating to disregard the instructions, and not use it ) I'm not sure if it was a tech issue, but I know that you could NOT open the CDX door w/ a 32X on top.

I'll always be sad I got rid of mine a few yrs ago. It was a neat little bugger ..

3. Jagaadelic

Jagaadelic New Member

Thanks for the reply, I figured I'd get it anyway, but was just curious about what I read.

4. dave5678

dave5678 New Member

I curently use my cdx with a 32x i never had any problems but the door does ope just half way and you gotta pull the cd out but nothing hard to do.

5. Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta Member

The cdx doesnt work with a Power Base Converter, I tried with my PBC and nothing happened, or it wouldnt connect properly, its just like trying to use the 32x on a nomad system.

6. eatpenguin

eatpenguin New Member

question.

does using 32x with nomad shorten its battery life even more?

7. Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta Member

No, not in the least, since the 32x has its own power supply, it receives its power that way. You'll also have to note that I had to doctor the rfu adapter just so I could get it into the AV OUT on the nomad. Its not really a good idea to do any of this because it makes the system a bitch to hold and its no longer portable. I just did it for curiosity reasons.