Sega CDX question?

I got a Sega CDX yesterday and I've been up all night searching for the answer to a question.. but haven't found it.. so I thought I'd ask here.

Anyways.. everything on the CDX works fine but I'll be d*mned if I can't find out how; or where to access the internal memory manager screen. (You know.. the one were you can see game saves and format the internal backup ram. At first while testing it.. I thought maybe the CDX doesn't have internal ram.. but at least I finally concluded that much when I tried to save a CD game. It saves and restores so it's gotta' be there somewhere. Starting the CDX without a cart or CD of any kind doesn't bring it up either like in some other SCDs. The only way I can get the CD music menu (Where I remember a shortcut being to the mem mgr) is to actually have a music CD in there.. however.. I only have two "feature buttons" below the CD play control buttons in my interface and they are the PROG button and the CD+G button. Going into the program sub-menu doesn't show any hope either. I've tried holding down every combo of buttons I can think of on the controller whilst I poer up or reset.. nothing.

I don't have a manual but could someone with one or who has knowledge of this please explain to me in detail how to do this? Thank you. I have a SCD I & SCD II & X'Eye so I know where I should find this screen.. it's just not there. :damn:

Hi, if you haven't figured it out by now and you probably have, you can access the internal memory manager by bringing up the music menu with an audio disc. Once the music menu is active, leave the CDX on and switch the audio disc for a game disc. The music menu will stay active, but in the upper right hand corner, where the Sega logo was, the CDROM and Memory buttons will now appear.

Back