Sega Genesis Games To Be On Nintendo Revolution!

racketboy

Established Member
Today Nintendo announced that many of Sega's most popular Genesis/Megadrive games will be availible for download via the Nintendo Revolution's Virtual Console.

Some of Hudson's TurboGrafix16/PC Engine games will also be availible as well.

Looks like the Revolution is getting more appealing as the days go by.

Read More About The Announcement

Heh, I was looking at your list of 'top Genesis games for the Revolution' and I noticed I already owned all of them except for Alien Soldier and TFII. That's the problem with a lot of these retro packs and download services, I think -- most of the people who are really into those games already own them. I can understand wanting to remove the clutter of having a lot of consoles, but nothing beats real hardware.

Origionals wont lose value. I think it'll be cool if they can add online play to the games. Playin some SoR2 or sumthin w/ someone on the boards would be awesome. I'd like to see a lot of sega games up to and including saturn/DC as well. Maybe not a TON of games but a few choice hits I think would fare well. DC might be a long stretch though...

I hope with all the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive downloads that the Revolution will have, this will make it cheaper to get games off of ebay. Thank you for the update....The Revolution is gonna rock!

Originally posted by it290@Fri, 2006-03-24 @ 01:38 AM

Heh, I was looking at your list of 'top Genesis games for the Revolution' and I noticed I already owned all of them except for Alien Soldier and TFII. That's the problem with a lot of these retro packs and download services, I think -- most of the people who are really into those games already own them. I can understand wanting to remove the clutter of having a lot of consoles, but nothing beats real hardware.

[post=145247]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, supposedly there will be about 1000 Genny games availible.

So there should be something you don't own :)

If SEGA decides to translate a few games that were never in english... (Saturn RPG and Dreamcast RPG games?) I wouldn't know what I'd do. I'm sure most of us would have seizures :drool:

Originally posted by racketboy@Fri, 2006-03-24 @ 01:29 PM

Well, supposedly there will be about 1000 Genny games availible.

So there should be something you don't own :)

[post=145271]Quoted post[/post]​

It's not "Over 1000" it's currently just a "Best Of" deal. Which, even if it were only first party titles, there's still some good stuff.

Altered Beast

Space Harrier II

Phantasy Star II

Phantasy Star III

Phantasy Star IV

Golden Axe

Golden Axe II

Golden Axe III

Revenge of Shinobi

Shadow Dancer

Shinobi IV

Streets of Rage

Streets of Rage 2

Streets of Rage 3

Vectorman

Vectorman 2

Ecco The Dolphin

Ecco: The Tides of Time

Comix Zone

Kid Chamelon (That was a Sega game right?)

And yes, I plan on downloading every game that I already own. Just for the sake of having them all on the same console.

Every Phantasy Star, Metroid (GameBoy Player needed for Fusion and Zero Mission), and Resident Evil game on one console?! :wub: *faints* Now, if only we could get some Virtua Fighter and King of Fighters.... :D

Also, there will be Turbo CD support. I'm very curious as to how it's going to work. Downloadable with some serious compression (CD based game down to less than 100 MB), or just having the emulator detect the original disc in the disc drive. I'm thinking the latter. I pray for Mega CD support.

Sega CD and TG CD support would rock. You wouldn't think it would be all that difficult. I would also love it if there was Saturn and maybe even Dreamcast support.

If they did that....wow. Full DC support? Crazy crazy. Full Saturn support? Full SCD support? That would be gaming bliss! haha. I doubt we'll see ANYTHING saturn or DC. Although I could be completely wrong. I hope I am...

Back