Sega Genesis/SCD combo failing

lordofduct

Established Member
So I thought I've dealt with every problem so far with a Genesis... but this one caught me off guard.

AND it happend to BOTH my Genesis's (1 model 1, and a model 2)

So:

Both Gennys get power and work. I can play any game on them just fine. Even when I hook them up to any of my SegaCDs they work when playing carts.

But the SegaCD won't boot up. It's not the power, because the power supply is working in order. The fuse is fine in the consoles. And it occurs with more then 1 SCD unit.

The lights on the fronts of SCD light up (these are model 1 units), they stay lit for a few seconds. Then they go out.

I'm gonna look inside them again to see if I missed anything. But if anyone has seen this, please lend me what info you can.

that's what I'm thinking as well. I think there is a problem with the Genny's talking over the expansion port.

what about the lasers? Have you tried adjusting their power? Can your SCD play audio CDs?

Kuta said:
what about the lasers? Have you tried adjusting their power? Can your SCD play audio CDs?
I don't think it's a laser problem. I have an SCD that won't even try to read the disc for one reason or another, but it still at least boots the BIOS.

A) it'd be odd to have 2 completely independent SCD's with bad lasers respectively (the second isn't even my SCD)

B) the SegaCD won't boot, let alone get to the BIOS screen for me to load a disk or play anything.

Back