Sega Saturn Graphic Tools

So how do I use 'em?

Is this graphic editing tool for spirits and all?

I don't have my Mac out at the moment so haven't had time to test these...

p10506053bv.jpg

p.s. don't mind the calculator on top. It's promo calculator in the shape of PC Engine SFII hucard...

Best to check Antime's site. I remember a long time ago reading something an instruction manual for one of the Mac graphics tools on his site. If anybody has a pdf of the manual it would be here.

If you really want to manipulate sprites you might want to take a look at Rockin B's The Gimp guide. I think both him and Vreuzon use the Gimp to create sprite data (there's an option to export as data array). There's another guide but I can't find it atm.

Hey dj898!

Could you please check if your discs include a newer version than the tools which can be downloaded from antime's page?

Some of the tools are also available for Windows.

Note a difference in the 3DEditor: Windows version uses .SG3 and .SGM format as internal format, while Mac version uses SEGA3D format, which is a human readable text format. Furthermore I think the Mac version exports C files for use with SBL, while Windows version exports for SGL usage. Anyways, there is a tool S3D2SGL.EXE. in SGL/TOOL.

The GIMP scripts I made are just to support the creation of animations and dealing with transparent colors. The actual conversion to binary is still done with 3DEditor's Texture List tool, or BGCON or any of the homebrew GFX tools.

sorry my Mac is packed and the one I use does not have FDD - I replaced it with extra HDD... I will need to find that Mac FDD from my junk yard to book those disc...

doesn't that ver on the label enough...?

Back