Sega's "explosive" E3 announcement

An email sent from Sega to those going to E3 suggests something huge and unexpected will be announced at E3.

** SAVE THE DATE ** SAVE THE DATE ** SAVE THE DATE **

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ON DAY #1 OF E3

May 12, 2004 in SEGA Room

Mark your calendars for a "mystery briefing" event in SEGA of America's E3 Room. This is your opportunity to hear the latest 2004 title announcements from company executives in addition to some explosive news -- something even YOU won't be able to guess!

WHAT: Explosive Announcement Event

WHEN: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 from 10:00-10:30 a.m.

WHERE: SEGA Room - Concourse Hall #151 (between the West and South Halls)

WHY: To learn about SEGA's 2004 line-up and hear BIG news you'd NEVER guess...

source: http://www.the-nextlevel.com/headlines/710289.html

Holy shit, I wanna say a new console...maybe even a handheld. I HIGHLY doubt they would though. What else could it be? I wouldn't suspect it would be anything to do with a game, since it wouldn't be touted as being SO huge. Oh well, guess we'll have to wait and see. What you guys think?

I thought this had to deal with the news of bringing back a number of titles?

All things considered, I'm hoping it's not a new console. Especially with how hard MS is working to take down the Sony empire.

But who knows? They've done much dumber (re: 32X, SegaCD, Saturn).

Streets of Rage!

Yikes! :huh:

Personally I wouldn't give a damn if a new console would be short-lived. Just having a new Sega console is more than enough for me. :drool:

I'd think it can't be anything other than sequels, though. No new, original game could be announced in such a way without being utterly hyped.

Shining Force already has it's new games announced.

Maybe Phantasy Star (a REAL one, not PS damned O).... Shenmue....what else is there?

I really doubt it's going to be anything HUGE. I'm guessing it will be information on Shenmue III. But they definitely have my attention.

well they said you'll never guess -- so who knows.

maybe something new???

I would be happy w/ a new Shenmue......If they made a system I think it would be a handheld. I dont see them comming back to the console scene just yet. Noone knows though.

I really don't see Sega going for the handheld market.

With Nintendo's current domination and Sony's future competition, it would be tough. Plus they sell software very well for the GBA

The new console idea was the first thing that popped into my mind, but I really don't see how they could possibly make it a success. Besides, I don't see Sega as eager to reenter the market just now. And Sammy is still trying to make the Atomisware a success.

I can't believe E3 is nearly two weeks away. I don't know if I can last that long...

Maybe they're going to start manufacturing cars. You'd certainly never guess that, now would you??

Maybe it has something to do with their recent joint venture in hardware with PowerVr and their next Series 5 graphics cards? Although a new Streets of Rage would be sweet.

If it's not hardware, then I'd guess it was a new saturn emulator that is 100% compatible with all Saturn titles with near perfect video/sound emulation. I can dream can't I? :agree

Originally posted by fivefeet8@Apr 30, 2004 @ 07:10 AM

If it's not hardware, then I'd guess it was a new saturn emulator that is 100% compatible with all Saturn titles with near perfect video/sound emulation. I can dream can't I? :agree

Something like that is in the work ;)

Maybe you will all turn up and a Sega executive will say "Thanks for coming it was all a big joke to see how many people whould actually turn up.Thank you"

or

"We are moving into the frozen fruit and vegatable import buisness which will coinside with future healthy software titles"

Even though i have nothing to base these assumptions on it still would be nice and not too way out...

Maybe a world wide re-release of the Dreamcast at a bugget price?

New home hardware based hardware?

Sega and Nintendo Merger?

Sega and Capcom Merger?

Sony has actually been owned by Sega all this time? :p

But this does take me back to the Nintendo MEGATON announcement, oh that was craptacular....

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Apr 30, 2004 @ 05:46 AM

Maybe they're going to start manufacturing cars. You'd certainly never guess that, now would you??

Yeah except you just blew it for us.

Dangit, I wanted my Sega car.

actually i remember $ony talking about how they wanted to improve their sports line to compete better with ea, they even talked about buying the visual concepts sports team from sega, maybe sega just made a deal instead for their sports titles in the future to be $ony exclusive instead.....

just a thought

Back