SegaXtreme.com for sale....

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
WTF is this? This is extortion! Please send a ton of hatemail to this guy.

"Hello, We acquired the domain segaxtreme.com recently. It is now available at the price of USD 2500. If you are interested in it, pls let us know before 3:00 pm, Thursday, Nov 02, 2006 EST. After that, this domain may not be available anymore. About the transition: The transition of domain and payment can be finished through a trusted third-party escrow service like sedo.com, afternic.com, etc, so you don't have to worry about the trust problems. if you don't get the domain, we will not get paid. NOTE: If the name is bought by other company or person, it may never be available again. Best Regards, Tom Pratt"

tommpratt@yahoo.com

Lame. I hate those type of people, trying to make money off the backs of others.

http://www.networksolutions.com

Registrant:

Pending Renewal or Deletion

P.O. Box 430

Herndon, VA. US 20172-0447

Domain Name: SEGAXTREME.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:

Pending Renewal or Deletion pendingrenewalordeletion@networksolutions.com

P.O. Box 430

Herndon, VA 20172-0447

US

570-708-8786

Record expires on 24-Sep-2006.

Record created on 24-Sep-2001.

Database last updated on 1-Nov-2006 15:52:38 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM 205.178.190.51

NS2.PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM 205.178.189.51

so is that saying networksolutions owns the domain name right now? What the hell would anyone want the name for... also why in God's name do they think SX has anywhere near the money to pay that exorbitant fee for it? Shit I highly doubt if we all forked up cash we could make even a couple hundred bucks for it.

Actually the domain was registered through networksolutions. I may snag it up if it is not renewed :) I will keep trying. Sounds like that guy is trying to make money off of us. I mean i ended up going to segaxtreme.com once or twice. its not a big deal.

I hate people that do that, reg domains that are close to other domains hoping people mistype or spell the address. It works though, and people get spammed with advertising.

/*Off Topic* I really hate when I am searching google or something and pull up a result only to find that it is a different search engin. *off topic*/

Wait a second...

I always thought the .Com address was registered along with the .Net address?

Well, the .Com would always direct me to .Net anyway. How'd this happen?

Maybe they thought they would do that for a while in the off chance that we would purchase it at a later date.

Wow ... isn't it some kind of protection from the company handling .com domains to prevent this from happening ?

Ice, can't you contact them, explaining the whole thing and seeing what's their answer ?

I never owned the .com address, another member of SX did. Guess it ran out and someone snagged it up.

Very nasty practice people doing this to all sorts of domains that expire.

we know Icey is near virginia... SX needs a good ol' linching. Come now, rally your brothers and your neighbors.

Back