SEQ file manipulation

rorirub

Established Member
Using the seq2midi tool, I've found out that a game has an extra, never used, hidden audio track. Problem is that the way se2mid extracts it, its downright unlistenable, at the very least its nothing like the real hardware.

The seq contains 3 sequences, 1st is a regular looping music track, normally played on the game screen. 2nd sequence is the one I'm interested in, and 3rd contains sfx.

Is there a way to edit either the seq file, or memory values (with ex. yabause) so the game screen plays back the 2nd sequence and not the 1st like it normally does?

Outside of my seq2mid tool(and Sega's tool) I haven't seen anything else for working with seq files. SEQ files by design aren't really meant for real-time editing, they're more designed to be a compact, easy to parse end product. That's why even Sega's tools are nothing more than a midi->seq converter rather than an actual editor.

By the way, which game is this?

So there's no way to edit the file so the first two sequences are switched? That sucks.

edit: never mind, I figured it out - I was mistaking my sample file for a seq when it was the soundbank (ton) file. It's dead simple to switch two tracks in the actual seq bank, I just had to switch the data of the two sequences and edit the pointers for them in the header.

Turned out the whole thing was a complete waste of time as the track is not hidden at all, I just didn't knew how to enter the omake mode (which was something akin of a dating sim mode).

Back