Server Maintenance

At least the temp page you had up said something about changing servers. I hate when pages change servers without notice - you're never sure why they're suddenly down.

Sorry for the double post, but I did want to mention that the old forum link (forums.segaxtreme.net) just gives a blank page. The new link is segaxtreme.net/community. Maybe a redirection from the old page plus a notice should be put in place for those of us who were still trying to use the old link after the server move.

smile.gif

Kuta said:
The redirection works fine for me.

Just tried it again... not working. It's only worked once since the move, and I've tried it several times a day at different times. I finally tried the main site url yesterday, which redirected to the new forum address, which I then put in my tiddlywiki.

How ever you are trying to redirect http://forums.segaxtreme.net is not working well with Firefox... and yes, I have the site whitelisted in NoScript.

EDIT: I just tried the link again for the heck of it, and it not only didn't redirect, it CRASHED FIREFOX! I got a blank tab that didn't redirect, could not switch away from said tab, and trying to close it spawned new blank tabs. There's really something weird going on with the redirect.
blink.gif

antime said:
Works fine with Firefox (6.0) here.

Which OS? I'm using Xubuntu 10.10. I wonder if it's perhaps an issue in a support library. It doesn't work for Chromium either... but it's different in Chromium - it eventually gives up on the link and pops up an error message.

Oops! Google Chrome could not find forums.segaxtreme.net

Try reloading: forums.­segaxtreme.­net

Additional suggestions:

Access a cached copy of forums.­segaxtreme.­net

Search on Google:

The cached copy does come up fine. So there's SOMETHING amiss, but Chromium handles it better than the particular version of FF I normally use.

Because I've got nothing better to do, I tested on the following:

Firefox 6 (OS X) and 5 (Fedora 15)

Chrome 13.0.782.215 (OS X, Windows 7)

Konqueror 4.6.5 (Fedora 15)

Safari 5.1 (OS X)

Internet Explorer 9 (Windows 7)

The redirect worked everywhere.

antime said:
Because I've got nothing better to do, I tested on the following:

Firefox 6 (OS X) and 5 (Fedora 15)

Chrome 13.0.782.215 (OS X, Windows 7)

Konqueror 4.6.5 (Fedora 15)

Safari 5.1 (OS X)

Internet Explorer 9 (Windows 7)

The redirect worked everywhere.

You sound like me antime, several desktops or virtual machines? I run an iMac and a dual screen linux (mint) desktop next to each other on my work desk, while both of which have windows 7 in a dual boot config, it's usually "OSX - MINT - XP (VM)" running most days.

Multiple machines in this case. I use a Mac as my main machine, but there's so much software that's either not available for OS X or is such a pain to get running you need all three. I mostly run Linux virtualized, but eg. many debug adapters are so timing-dependant you have to run it on a real machine. It's annoying and there's cables everywhere but what can you do?

Chilly Willy said:
Finally works here... I guess it was a DNS issue. The Qwest DNS servers do this a few times every year.

I'm changing the nameservers today, with luck there will be less problems. Unless I managed to break something, this change should be entirely transparent.

Since the track record leans towards terrible breakage, just a heads up!

dibz said:
I'm changing the nameservers today, with luck there will be less problems. Unless I managed to break something, this change should be entirely transparent.

Since the track record leans towards terrible breakage, just a heads up!

biggrin.gif

Well, so far, so good. I can still get to the board.

Back