Setting Up Wireless PC

Hey Guys,

I plan to set up my PC with a wireless mouse and keyboard. I plan to hook my PC to forthcoming HDTV in order to minimize space. What's the best way to use a wireless mouse and keyboard whilst sitting on a sofa or chair? Is there a nice pad/plank to put on your thighs to hold the keyboard and mouse? What do you guys do for wireless stuff like this?

Oh, and which wireless keyboard do you recommend? I'm getting the Logitech G7 mouse, but I don't know which keyboard to get. Thanks!

Well, I'd recommend a trackball, personally. For the keyboard, you can either get a desk-type chair that can accomodate it, or just put it on the coffee table and/or in your lap. Another option might be one of those 'breakfast in bed' type trays that you can put over your legs to hold the stuff.

I also was going to say the breakfast in bed type tray.

That is what I plan on getting for myself.

Anyways, i'd say get a remote control as well. I am getting one for my HTPC as I mostly use it for movies, music and TV watching.

Now all I need to do is find a way to get a USB game controller to reach my couch.

lord, I have a Logitech wireless PS2 pad which I like quite a bit, and it also works using a PS2-to-USB converter (purchased at radio shack). Double bonus.

There are quite a few 'desks' made specifically for this purpose, which have nice wrist rests for the mouse; these are primarily for laptops, but those 17" laptops fit them fine, the pad is recessed and there's usually space to spare. Better still, there's no border or ridge to deal with.

But, they start at $25. However, with that kind of setup, might as well be the icing on the cake...

25 bucks isn't much in my opinion... with the way shit is priced now a days I'd certainly be willing to spend that. I bet a breakfast in bed tray would cost about that much anyways.

I think I'll just ask my cousin who lives with me to build me one... he is VERY good with wood work... and when I say good. I mean GOOD! He did my fathers entire house including a beautiful gazeebo and porch roof that has nice little compartments for their 5.1 sound system.

Though WHY they put their 1600 dollar HDTV on the back porch is beyond me!

Back