Several new games freeze during startup

Game Crazy is having a 3 for 10$ classic games sale, so I bought 8 dreamcast games.

However, to my suprise, 4 out of the 8 are bad:

Jet Grind Radio: After the initial Sega startup logo, it always reboots back to the DC menu.

Metropolis Street Racer: Whenever you try to run a 2-player game, it freezes while "loading...". 1-player game works fine.

Sonic Shuffle: If you choose the Story mode, after the beginning story animation is complete, it reboots back to the DC menu. Regular Vs. mode works fine.

Rayman 2: During intial load, it freezes for a bit, and then shuts off the dreamcast video output (the video output simply stops sending a signal).

I ran these on two different dreamcasts, with different VMUs and controllers, etc. And it's the same no matter what.

What's up?

A while back when I first got Rush 2049, the game had the same issue. It would freeze during load. I think I posted on here, and someone said that the GD discs used by DC are very susceptible to scratches. But there really aren't any halfways major scratches on any of these disks, top or bottom. And I tried cleaning them. Maybe a buffer would help.

Thanks,

JMT.

Back