Shadowrun

B

BigDAlcala

Ok, I know Shadowrun is a popular dice 'n paper game, and there was another version of it for SNES, but does anyone remember that bad a$$ game Shadowrun for Sega Genesis? I farking loved that game! If I had a spare TV that my dad would let me hook an RF unit to, I'd still be playing the shiz outta that game! The whole concept of being able to hack into corporations' data systems and steal their info, shut down their alarms/security, and find classified files related to your brother's death was awesome. And then there was cyberware. Having trouble shooting that handgun? Just get a smart link and some cyber-eyes!

To put purpose to this rant, I must say that I wish they made a 3-D version of this game. Or at least some type of sequel that uses the same concepts!! After beating it, I was just longing for more. I know I'm a nerd for saying that but by golly (yep, a nerd), Shadowrun was FUN! Isn't that what games are supposed to be nowadays!?

I know what you mean! The Sega version kicked ass, way better than the crappy SNES version. Now that you mention that game, it pisses me off to think of how there was going to be a new game of Shadowrun on the PC, but it got canned due to Microsoft buying out the development company who was working on it, or at least were going to work on it.

Oh well, at least the paper RPGs are around as well as the Sega version.

They made a sequel/side story for MegaCD/SegaCD wich got released in 1996 and is to date the last game for the system but its different from the other ones cause the layout of the game is kinda like The Snatcher.

yeah, i lost nane sleep playing that game (hacking for excessive amounts of cash) but the question of balance (ie. extremely hard early on, mind numblingly easy towards the end) kinda killed the enjoyment factor for me.

this thread reminds me of when cyberpunk was cool and industrial was a musical genre

Yeah. It's great to know there are other fans of the Sega version out there. If anyone has the know-how to create an effective proposal/petition to create another Shadowrun game that plays like the Sega version (Updated of course), PLEASE DO SO!! I will sign it, endorse it on my site, post flyers everywhere, WHATEVER!! Yes, I am that much of a nerd, but if no one was, then nothing would get done around here.

Back