Shining Force III

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
The Shining Series Returns!

The Emperor has been kidnapped and the Republic has been framed for the crime. Now the Empire and Republic seem headed for war. Gather up to 27 controllable characters and explore a detailed 3D polygonal world as you attempt to save the peace. Launch into tactical combat so refined that you can even take terrain effects and friendships between characters into account. Cast powerful magicks and blow your mind with the astounding visuals. Shining Force III is a triumph of role-playing adventure.
  • Savor over 40 hours of in-depth gameplay.
  • Enter a powerful story that will pull you in and never let go.
  • Master detailed tactical combat - you can even use terrain, special abilities and more to your advantage during a fight.
  • Rotate the camera at will to view lush 3D polygonal landscapes.
  • Control up to 12 characters at once.

Feel free to talk about the entire scenarios. :blah :p

Also, don't forget to check out these custom CD covers made by fellow SegaXtremers:Lastly, you may find some really nice Shining Force III wallpapers at the SX Wallpaper section. :)

Attachments

• ShiningForceIII_Front.JPG
    ShiningForceIII_Front.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 163
    140.2 KB · Views: 155
  • ShiningForceIII_Back.JPG
    ShiningForceIII_Back.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 133
    ShiningForceIII_Back.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 144
    140.2 KB · Views: 146
    ShiningForceIII_Back.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 149
Y'know, I love Shining Force, and I have this game sitting in my game rack, but I haven't gotten around to playing it except for a quick preview. I've been meaning to finish SFCD first. The day I start SF3 will be a nice day, indeed.

Finally got to this game about 8 months ago... (wanted to beat SFCD) and I got hooked at about midnight, next thing I knew it was almost noon! I get a phone call and end up having to go out for some work... well my saturn battery was dead. I have to press reset and move the save file to my 4-1 cart. Well I rushed out the door for work and as I drove off I released I forgot to do that! grrrrrrr.... haven't even thought of putting it in again since. I will though, some day.

Luckily though, that won't happen again, I built me a rechargeable battery for the internal memory!

For me, this replaced MK2 as the best game ever. My friend lent me his saturn while "studying" in Europe in '98 or '99, I never played a Shining Force game at that point and I went to Toys R US and saw it for $20 and figured what the hell, sure. I never play through RPG's twice but I did for this game thanks to the fun fun battles, not the tedious random battle nonsense of other rpg's I had played (though enjoyed) up to the time. I liked it so much I bought my own Saturn and my first ever import games: scenario 2 and 3 + a 4in1 cart.

Really, this game has it all- nice graphics and tunes, good character design, fantastic story, and addictive gameplay. It it's easy to get into and not unnecessarily complicated like FF Tactics (well for me anyway). If there was a 2 player versus mode (especially for online play) I'd be in heaven (anyone know of a similar style game with a vesrus mode?).

Just finished Shining Force GBA last month, and still hoping for a real Shining Force 4. Some of you might be interest to know that a translation patch for scen 2 has recently been started (with some actual real progress). There is some news and screenshot of this available at shiningforcecentral.com

I had a saturn which didn't really leave me looking forward to what was coming out next so it makes sense that I was surprised to see it at Toys R Us one day. Memories of playing SF1 all night rushed into my head, and I pretty much knew i wasn't going to leave the store without Shining Force III. I begged my sister to get it for me, and luckily for me she did.

Back