Should I Get a Playstation?

I voted for PSone on the other poll of yours. But i meant to vote for ps2. I didn't read anyones reasons so here is mine.

Playstation 2 is like buying playstation one but better. Forget traveling with a videogame system other than hand held. Your traveling to get out of the house, not to play videogames somewhere other than your house. But PS2 has a good games and is worth it. Sure it has shitty games too, but what console doesn't.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jun 27, 2004 @ 01:00 AM

Only it has the most shitty games of this generation.....

Name a shitty game on PS2 and i bet i can find a shittier one on another console.

In the PS2's defense, the only reason why it has the most shitty games is because it's the most popular system that's been out th longest.

I've been planning to get a PS2, once Sony releases the $70 model in a slick new design that (hopefully) takes care of some of the hardware troubles of the original PS2s.

Alternatively, if Sony really wows me, I could get a PS3, assuming it was backwards compatible. It would also need some really great titles.

I bought a PSX just the other day for £15.99. Now I'm buying up all the classics I used to have before I originally got rid of it.

To the defense of the Playstation, as previously mentioned it's only because it's the most popular. Keep in mind it has a lot of very good titles as well. I enjoy my PS quite a bit.

Also don't forget there were some godawful games for both the atari, and nintendo. There were some horrendous games for the genesis, and even our beloved Saturn.

So by all means get a PS. There's no reason to spite a system because of the name (but maybe for its build quality, because that is a valid concern). You're missing out!

I think the xbox is a better system. I mean the xbox live capability is actually really cool and perhaps the first REALLY user-friendly online service. Also the games are of better quality I think and even though it has less games than the ps2, it has some nice exclusives and most ps2 games are released on xbox anyway.

and u can get it modded and play all yer PSX faves on it ;), that's what I do. I pretty much use my xbox to play anything but xbox games, haha. There are a few good ones that I do play though, like GTA:VC, NFSUG, Morrowind, etc.

My 2cp, lata.

depeneds on yer style....

Any word on a new PS2? I have been waiting since that POS has been released for a smaller version, I donth ave room for it, haha. With GT4 commin soon I needa get the damn thing. Anyone know if anything liek this is planned?

$ony registered the name "PStwo", so I bet they'll release it.

$50 says it follows the same route as the PSone. They make it even more brittle than the original!

OK, thanks all. Here are the first games I want to buy:
  • D
  • Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger
  • Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom
  • Independence Day
  • Wipeout
  • X-COM: UFO Defense
  • Gex
Please tell me if any of these games suck or are bad.

The best of those games is Wipeout, by FAR! Great game. That game alone sold a lot of PSXs.

Not too mention, it has the best soundtrack ever.

Back