Site issues and changes

dibz

Boss
Staff member
So, chances are if you lurk here you've either noticed the site has been down for a few days or even more likely -- that the site simply looks different. :wow:

I received notice of some problems with the site, and later became aware of some attacks over the last few days. Since I had been considering moving the site over to different forum software (yet again), it seemed like as good a time as any.

While I was at it, I went ahead and upgraded hosting to shiny new VPS. The performance may end up being a little slower as a result, but at least it'll be (more likely) to be only our own traffic. I might put LOTGD or something of that nature back online, things like that, as well.

Unlike the last forum switch, I also went ahead and put together a mostly-complete theme (in progress) for the new one that mostly emulates the classic look. Hopefully if time allows I'll finish reviving the old content as well, as evidenced by the mostly empty return of the menu.

Old smilies are back, and for shits and giggles, I imported Tendoweb forums into the forum too.

:withstupid:

Expected problems are password resets, and *_vbulletin_import* users. There are going to be duplicate users of that nature, if you need yours merged, just tell an admin.

HOLY SMOKE ! This design really take me back lol.

Dibz I'm missing my PM messages, is it temporary ?
I hope you can restore them back. Need to access some info :(

television2000 said:
HOLY SMOKE ! This design really take me back lol.

Dibz I'm missing my PM messages, is it temporary ?
I hope you can restore them back. Need to access some info :(

They shouldn't have been lost, I'll take a peek see.

When I try and log in I put in my user name and password but when I hit the button it takes me to a log in page saying that I entered the incorrect image verification thingy but the quick log in does not have one...

Also I could use having my account merged :D AND it seems my previous posts on this account were spam :(

Amon_vbulletin3_import17318 said:
When I try and log in I put in my user name and password but when I hit the button it takes me to a log in page saying that I entered the incorrect image verification thingy but the quick log in does not have one...

Also I could use having my account merged :D AND it seems my previous posts on this account were spam :(

Which log in area is doing that? There are some anti-bot features that effect that stuff, so it matters.

Which user do you want to be the final user? The ones with "import" in the name are from tendoweb, I assume you're using it because it either worked for logging in (where the non-import one didn't) or it has a valid email where the other doesn't.

Small update. Banned user profiles no longer show any of their information, and instead a genericish banned message. This prevents bots from dropping links via the homepage user setting.

It was the Hello There, Guest! (Login — Register). And yes I can not remember the email I used to register Amon :p

Amon said:
It was the Hello There, Guest! (Login — Register). And yes I can not remember the email I used to register Amon :p

Merged, your password probably needs to be reset again -- I made sure it kept the email from the "vbulletin import" user, so, you should be able to.

Thanks, I really want to strangle the image verification. I swear I typed it correctly 4 times before it let me in.

the good old theme returned with the SX vertical bar :)))
the wiki disappeared or it will come back ?

vbt said:
the good old theme returned with the SX vertical bar :)))
the wiki disappeared or it will come back ?

It'll come back, I just haven't gotten around to moving that yet.

Back