Skies of Arcadia Legends

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Grasp the wheel of your airship and prepare to embark on an adventure of legendary proportions. You are Vyse, a young member of the Blue Rogue pirates. Together with your childhood friend, Aika, and a mysterious girl named Fina, you are locked in an epic struggle with a powerful enemy nation for the fate of the world. You must gather your own crew of air pirates and journey through uncharted skies to vanquish the empire from every corner of the map. Along the way, you'll wage battles against savage monsters and evil Pirates as you make a name for yourself on land and in the sky.
  • Experience a full 3-D world with a highly imaginative story line, including new plot details and improved character graphics
  • Use more than 70 weapons and 36 magical skills to make your party the scourge of the skies
  • Explore 6 enormous virtual lands with landscapes ranging from massive deserts and quaint villages to the cold reaches of outer space
  • Customize your own airship and gather up to 22 crew members to help attack or protect against other ships
  • Hand-to-hand and ship-to-ship combat feature spectacular spell effects, amazing special attacks and an improved battle engine
  • New Wanted Battles, as well as new characters, ultimate weapons, discoveries and side quests

Have you ever wondered why Vyse doesn't have a big bird on his shoulder like Ryudo does? :huh

BTW, please feel free to discuss about the DC version as well. :)

Attachments

• SkiesOfArcadiaLegends.jpg
    SkiesOfArcadiaLegends.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 109
  • SkiesOfArcadiaLegends.jpg
    SkiesOfArcadiaLegends.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 109
Well, I never played the GC version. But I remember seeing the huge ad at Toys R' Us sitting UNDERNEATH the shelfs gettin' dirty on the ground. The game was a month from being released. Looking at it I immediately fell in love! 1 month later on the day it was released was one of the luckiest days for me and Justin. We happen to find 1 HUNDRED DOLLARS lieing on the ground at "Winn Dick Me" the local Grocer. Immediately we drove to the gas station and bought a carton of smokes and filled up my poor lil' mustang. (i loved the car because it vibrated and caused peoples money to fall out of their pockets into my cushions.) We then drove to ebx and purchased this amazing game.

Luckily to say, my father did not see us for a good 2 weeks strait. See this is how we spent our time. We would get a game and then shut ourselves into my garage to be never seen again until it was beat. LITERALLY. I had all the necessities in there: toilet, fridge, bed, bong, HAPPY!

This game though sucked more then just 2 weeks out of me. It sucked my very exsistance. I was in love. But it came with a cost. I am a old school RPG'r. I play Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Lunar, sometimes FF. I was never able to get into a 3D RPG. I wouldn't bare it. NOT 3D i would scream. Now I can't even look at an old school RPG. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SKIES WHYYYYYYYYYY!!!

I loved this game so much on Dreamcast, that I bought in again on Gamecube. Some might call me a corporate whore, but that's unfair. I'm just Sega's whore.

The music, characters, and battle system were all great. I really enjoyed the extra story elements and battles they added for the GC version, but don't really think they make it worth buying again to anyone other than a gigantic SoA fan.

A sequel has recently been rumored... :wub:

Hmm, I've only played the DC version, but it is indeed a great game. It only has a few flaws - the enemy encounter rate is too high (this is the one your hear about the most), the magic system sucks, and there isn't enough variety in the enemies. Also, I think I only had a hard time with one battle at the most, and I didn't do any extra leveling up. I would have liked to have seen a few more ship battles as well. All that aside, it's the best RPG for the DC in my opinion, and beats out a lot of more recent titles. The game was well written and had a good sense of humor as well, which is fairly rare.

I too loved this game, and played both it on Dreamcast and Gamecube several times. Every part of it is great except the attack magic is worthless at the end of the game, I hope we see info on the sequel at E3 2005.

The GC version has had a lot of hrs and features added to it. I enjoyed it alot. Although I loved playing the DC version on my VGA. It is just more beautiful than any other game off a VGA I think.

I really enjoyed the game on DC (minus the number of battles), but a couple months ago I got the Cube version, and I couldn't stand playing it due to all the flaws I kept noticing that the DC one hadn't had (texture cracks, transparency problems, lower color bit depth, downsampled audio, etc.). Maybe ill try it again some time, but for now the DC one is my fav of the two versions.

I heard the GC version had avoidable battles. Is that true? The only thing that really bothered me about the game on DC was when I would get hammered with random battles on my way to somewhere close by. Other than that, the game was amazing. I can only hope there's actually a sequel on the way. It'd be one of those games I'd run out to buy, even if it meant I'd have to buy the hardware to go with it. The only other game I can think of that would make me do that would be Shenmue III.

Back