So I own a...

:D ..Sega Nomad now.

£165, boxed, manual, batt pack, plug.

Not allowed it until December 25th mind... :(

Whos played one?

Nice, although that price is fairly steep. Just be prepared to purchase some NTSC games to go with it... unless you're looking at doing a mod (is there one)?

In the last 6-8 months Nomad have been a rare thing on eBay UK... Its all boxed mind, which is good.

I'm told PAL games fit without a mod. Just a tight fit.

Yeah, Region locked games won't work. But most Sonic games and Streets of Rage will work, which is the important thing.

haha funny i watched that item just before i got the other nomad before it :D ended up at 162 + p&p. The nomad with mods done which allows me to play any pal/jap/us game :D it has one switch to switch from uk to jap and the other from 50hz to 60hz and i have so many games now and they all work great.

One thing i do find kinda annoying is the nomads screen lag if there was a mod where i could replace its screen with sumat better id do it right now lol.

Oh the screen lag aint that bad but when ur playing games like sonic the place becomes blured and its kinda annoying but not impossible to play. Id recoomend getting a rechargable battery pack like the madcatz ps one i have lasts around 3-4 hours while 6 battieres usually last around 30 mins :S.

One thing is though even with the screen lag the games look soooooooo much better then the tv as its all small and non pixelated compared to the tv which kicks ass :D.

err ill stop now lol :blah

I think there is a mod which doesnt mean you have to cut this shit outta your Nomad, you just use the reset or start button. Cant remember exacty but i've been told it aint too hard.

Hm there's nomad going on normal (North American) ebay for around 80 bucks. I'm thinking of getting one, but I was just thinking about how big the nomad is. I mean that is one heafty mofo. How would you toate that around with you?

Congrats on your new purchase :D. I got a nomad last year for around $60. Despite the way it runs through batteries (I just used the power adaptor from one of my extra Genesis 2's), it is excellent. Sound is good, display is wonderful (the screen scraches VERY easily so make sure to carry it in something that won't possibly scratch), and overall, probably one of the coolest portable devices of its day. Too bad I didn't have one when I was younger, playing SFII all the way on a long vacation would have been nice. Now I'm the one driving on the long trips :D.

Enjoy it!

I bought two of them in the US completely boxed and both as new with rechargeable battery pack for about $80 a piece. So I guess was very lucky :lol:

It arrived, and I was allowed to test it before xmas.

It's in mint condition, not a single scratch and feels really clean, box is as new, and has the inner bags, manual and a reg card.

It has the official Sega adapter

The batt pack turned out to be a PSone adapter that plugs into the DC jack. It's compatible, and i played on it for over 2hours and it aint gone to the low batt light.

I'm well happy! :D

Back