Sonic ORPG?

I don't know. Sounds fake, but it is the Official Sega message forums. You would think they would do something if it was fake.

I would say it's fake, just by the way the so-called panovation studies employee/spokesperson is answering the questions and his grammar in general.

"Mark: And I haven’t even told you all of it. "

Starting a sentence with "And" isn't a proper sentence.

"Mark: Nah, not right now."

Now, he's talking like a child.

"Mark: We wanted to bring back Chao’s in a new light. We thought that Chao’s had more potential then just being raised and played through a very weak environment so we remade the entire thing, brought in a few new Chao’s, and added plenty new features. The Chao system is far more advanced then what it used to be in Sonic Adventure 2, you can raise your Chao in an entirely new way, you can bring your Chao into battle with you on missions, fight in the battle arena against other players, Race Chao’s and train it. "

He's messed up and used "then" when he should have used "than," atleast twice.

"Mark: Sure! But first let me talk about the Gamegear Plus. The Gamegear Plus is the idea of how the next generation handhelds will be like (with extra on the side). Games, Communication, Networking and other. One of the features you get in your Gamegear Plus is the ability to communicate with Chao’s, as they can only communicate in certain frequencies. You go around and you find a Training item such as “sit” and you can teach your Chao to sit in a fun process. These items can be very hard to find, but extremely useful when you are in missions, especially single player missions."

Ok, first of all, he's using "But" to start a sentence. Secondly, read on down, and you'll see him using "you, you, you, you," etc. This in no way sounds professional.

"Mark: Yes it will be. The levels are not fully developed right now, however for the ones we have made so far, some are Puzzle, some are Switch / enemy, and some are just destroying things until the very end."

This paragraph has a lot of improper uses of commas. This is just a few examples from skimming through some of the so-called interview. There are also some poorly-executed uses of semicolons, lots more comma problems, and other things. I'm not an expert, but if I can see some of the problems, I'm sure a lot other others will.

Well i dont know if to believe it or not, but grammar mistakes aren't anything I'd base it on! A lot of people make grammar mistakes, especially things like But and then/than. So I highly doubt that's anything we should judge it on. Now if he was saying things like "teh and 1337", then I'd be suspicious about the grammar.

Now the fact that THIS is the website of Panovation Studios makes me suspicious of anything they say!

A lot of Sega related fan sites like SX are talking a lot about it... just type Pannovation studios into google and you'll find tons of talk, but NOTHING official.

Also, Sega denies that this project exists says a couple sources and I find no proof anywhere that there is a company called Panovation Studioes. Then they may not be incorporated yet though, which means I highly doubt its real. A up and coming company not even incorporated working on something that deals with SEGA's biggest trademark is highly doubtful. Unless they are doing it illegaly that is!

Originally posted by Malakai@Sat, 2005-06-11 @ 11:37 AM

"Mark: Yes it will be. The levels are not fully developed right now, however for the ones we have made so far, some are Puzzle, some are Switch / enemy, and some are just destroying things until the very end."

This paragraph has a lot of improper uses of commas.

[post=135200]Quoted post[/post]​

It has? Not that I know whether it's correct or not, but that's pretty much how I use commas anyway. From what I understand, commas are used as mini pauses/ gaps for these reasons:

1.) Place small emphasis on the following word,

2.) Refil your lungs (if reading aloud).

Not to say that the sentence quoted isn't grammatically incorrect - it definately sounds funny :devil

*shrugs*

This could be translated to: "Yes, it will be. The levels are not fully developed right now; however, for the ones we have made so far, some are puzzle, some are switch, and some are just destroying things until the very end."

Or: "Yes, it will be. The levels are not fully developed right now. However, for the ones we have made so far, some - yadda yadda"

Or: "Yes, it will be. The levels are not fully developed right now, however, for the ones we have made so far, some - yadda yadda"

Or: "Yes, it will be! yadda yadda"

Occasionally, the usage of commas and semicolons can be both correct and improper. The proper usage of a semicolon would be to basically turn two sentences into one, as long as they're directly related to each other. Also, using semicolons repetitively would be considered improper, although it may also be correct.

Using words like "you" and "and," as well as any words repetitively is also improper, although not incorrect. In other words, used in every day sentences and conversation, it doesn't really matter, but for a spokesperson or representitive of someone affiliated with Sega, directly or indirectly, it would be an embarrassment.

I have seen a lot of documents from programmers (for example, emulator programmers) that have bad grammar, but they all seem to be on a non-professional level.

So, honestly, I don't think this can be legit, unless it is a fan-made game.

Originally posted by Malakai@Sun, 2005-06-12 @ 08:17 PM

Or: "Yes, it will be. The levels are not fully developed right now, however, for the ones we have made so far, some - yadda yadda"

[post=135227]Quoted post[/post]​

Hehe - that's how I usually use commas... quite a lot, eh? Still, just needed to make sure my use of commas were grammatically correct, as I sometimes doubt myself. Thanks for clearing that up for me :cool:

Back