Spikeout: Battle Street

Dud

Established Member
This is a Sega/Amusement Vision game that appears to be like a 3D Streets of Rage. I know next to nothing about it besides what I've already mentioned, and that it will see a limited release of 3600 copies in the US and they will retail for only $30! It's looking pretty good, can anyone shed some more light on this game?

It's the latest in the series. There have been a couple of games before this one. IIRC, the original ran on the Model 3 hardware.

Well, I preordered myself a copy. It doesn't ocsillate, but if you like rare things as much as I do you should pick it up. Maybe we could get some SX members together and play it on Live.

I picked it up today, and plan on being on it tonight, my XBL GT is Beat you 4ever... whats yours?

Originally posted by stack99@Mon, 2005-03-28 @ 03:35 PM

I picked it up today, and plan on being on it tonight, my XBL GT is Beat you 4ever... whats yours?

[post=132232]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually I was utterly dissapointed with the game I'm selling it if anyone wants it. I didn't expect it to be very deep, but the flaws in this game are overwhelming for me. The controls are horrendous, the combat tries to make something of little substance overly complicated, and succeeds. The combat doesn't flow nicely--it feels very akward, especially the jumping attacks. The game is a testament to the fact that they need to start making 2D games again, this game does not work in a 3D environment and in general there are just problems all over. Not to mention my Xbox Live kit still hasn't arrived yet! :damn:

wow its that bad... I didn't get a chance to open it last night, but other reviews of it were good in the xbox forum.. damnn I will have to find a place to rent it now before I chance wasting 30 bucks.

It got a 5.2 (out of 10) from GameSpot.

Originally posted by GameSpot Review

This arcade-style brawler actually sounds pretty wicked on paper, but unfortunately, the game itself is lousy. - Jeff Gerstmann

:agree My thoughts exactly.

Sega is really going to demoralize their fanbase if they continue on like this. They really need to come up with a quality title fast. I have some confidence that PS Universe will be good though.

actually, I never got around to returning it, and I popped it in last night, and I have to say, I wasn't the least bit disappointed, the controls, allbeit "herky-jerky" at best, the game is fun and plays well.. the online is fun, yet, there can be depending on the room, issues of jumpiness, but overall the game is a good pick, for both online and offline play. but thats just my two cents. :)

Back