Strange Saturn Mod Chip ?

FWIW here's the Saturn mod chip I found in on eof my drawer... ^ ^;

No idea and can't recall where I get these from...

Just curious that it has double sockets at each side whereas other mod chip usually has one at each side?

e0037268_4915ab696c7f4.jpg

Can anyone pinpoint what this is?

This looks like one of the elusive "universal" designs, compatible with both 20-pin and 21-pin drive connections

I had one of those, they are the most compatible modchips around, I can't think of a Saturn those didn't work, very easy to install, too bad they stopped making then in favor of the crappy 21 versions.

A new version like this is being worked on. It has connectors for 20pin and 21pin. Also has the crystal, so only a 5v wire is needed. I've tested the prototype in the photo on a 20pin V-Saturn and it worked perfect. It needs testing on other Saturn models, then it will go to production in a few months hopefully.

SV106055.jpg

Chips with dual-pin sockets arn't really that special. They were produced at the time when both model Saturns were in high circulation. You don't find them now days (or you find them without the 20-pin side being populated) because there isn't any money to be made for it.

Full disclosure: I sell 21-pin (32-pin IC Saturn) Modchips of various types.

Back