Strider

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Take on all the explosive action of the arcade hit! You're Strider, a crunching hulk of muscle with a grappling hook and laser sword. You're in a future land of backward time, and its evil Master is taunting you with defeat.

Can you survive eight Mega of incredible danger? Hang-glide into the citadel, then clang your hook into metal to stiff-arm up to safety. Stay alive by slashing armies, winged robots, and prehistoric monsters into shuddering heaps!

Battle alluring Amazones who sling viscious boomerangs and drum out a war chant to turn your mind manic. Slide, duck, and cartwheel past lasers, spikes and bombs. Screeh to a halt in the face of giant metal monkeys and centipedes.

Feel your biceps burst as you grapple with snarling musclemen. Cling to batttleship bulkhead. Leap from Tyrannosaurus Rex. It's Strider. The Master awaits.

Does this game feel like a futuristic Ninja Gaiden to you?

Attachments

• Strider.png
    Strider.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Strider.png
    Strider.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 131
A nice port of the arcade version, although in my opinion it hasn't aged as well as some other games (including other Capcom ports to the Genesis, like Ghouls 'n' Ghosts and Mercs). Still, it was incredible at the time.

I liked the Japanese Mega Drive version a little better because Strider yelled each time he used his saber. There was also some additional speech not included in the US version.

"All sons of old gods, DIE!"

Strider > You!

I absolutely LOVE this game, I've played the ROM too death, and I've been meaning to buy the cart for years, but still haven't.

Great graphics, great music, great everything!

I loved this game to death. I used to get pretty far, but I don't rememeber beating the game. I do remember though my bully/friend named Desmond on the school bus claiming i lost some "diamond" from this gold tiger pendant he had, and made me give him a game in order to insure my safety. That's the day Strider went away... until I bought it at a thrift store just recently.

This, at one time, was my favorite arcade game. The only two arcade titles I probably played more was Final Fight and Street Fighter II/Turbo. I was surprised that the genesis version really resembled the arcade version in graphics. Great game.

Stride Hiryu is a great great chara.. I never got to play the original Strider though T.T

- Oh, and SkankinMonkey is an asshole.

Yeah I think the genesis port was pretty good

Excyber maybe you know your answer theres megabytes and megabits. I always get the two confused. Anyways these were smaller than what we today call megs.

It started with the master system on the back of the games they would say the mega cartridge, a two mega cartridge and phantasy star was a four mega cartridge.

When Strider came out it was the first game to go up to 8 mega's Sega was very proud and strider got its own cover for sega vision.

heres a link about MB's and Mb's

http://www.dewassoc.com/performance/memory/MB_vs_Mb.htm

I was joking. In any case megabits are still the standard for measuring individual chips; usually only multi-chip modules are measured in megabytes.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Wed, 2004-11-17 @ 10:52 AM

- Oh, and SkankinMonkey is an asshole.

[post=123919]Quoted post[/post]​

You've only just noticed? :huh:

Originally posted by mal@Tue, 2004-11-16 @ 10:37 PM

You've only just noticed? :huh:

[post=123931]Quoted post[/post]​

I was going to say the same thing.

Why the hell did he get unbanned anyway?

Life was much better without him.

He seems to be working on getting himself banned again all by himself.

As it is, he's on a 3 day holiday ATM. ;)

It is a great port even having much less memory than the arcade game and of course than Genesis is weaker than CPS1. Sega did a great port.

Back