suggestions for SX

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
I would first like to say THANK YOU for whoever changed the resolution. it fit's my monitor a hell of a lot better. Now onto the suggestions. I have quite a few, don't expect any of them to happen bt would like them taken into consideration atleast.

-New icons/banners around the site. Maybe sumone make a new SX logo or sumthin.

-add sega ring tones for cellular phones

-authentic CD art. ie. the origional cd designs. still keep the homebrew ones just make a seperate sections inside CD Art for the origional stuff.

-add complete manuals/back covers (behind the cd) for Sega Saturn and Sega CD games.

-have those manuals/back covers made to fit into DVD cases.

-make it to where u have had to be a member for atleast 3 months and have atleast 100 posts to get into the buy/sell or FTP forums. That will keep newbies out A LOT. may not want to have those exact restrictions but sumthin similar.

Well, this is all I can think of at the moment. If anyone has any comments/suggestions then plz post. Try to also keep all comments related to the subject so we just don't take up space. nothing worse then trying to dig through a 10 page post when half the stuff is bullshit.

How about you give us time to get done what we're planning then you give us suggestions
tongue.gif

Hey, it's something to kick around to pass the time (until we see these new changes). I really like the ringtones idea. Sonic 2, Chemical Plant theme....
smile.gif

- Redo the FAQs. Namely, add support for Nero, Fireburner, etc.

- Clearly define a section where help and FAQs are provided. Right now Miscellaneous doesn't lend itself to be helpful...

- Put up sticky notes regarding where one can post and where information can be located. (In bold, if possible)

- Put up a paypal link (or something) so money can go to Iceman to add bandwidth/space for the site for more sega music (the original intent of the site).

- An updated links page to all sega goodness, past and present.

- Create a team of willing and able people to do these things so that this doesn't fall completely on Rev, Skank's, and Mowgli's shoulders.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@July 17 2002, 2:47 pm

- Redo the FAQs. Namely, add support for Nero, Fireburner, etc.

- Create a team of willing and able people to do these things so that this doesn't fall completely on Rev, Skank's, and Mowgli's shoulders.

I'd be up for that sort of thing.
smile.gif

I agree with redoing the FAQs and organizing them a little better. I think we can do without the restrictions and the updated links page (who wants to update a page that sends people to other pages anyways?). But, I think SX should allow suggestions just for viewing, even though I know they are all busy. Ideas come and go, so we should get them all posted as soon as we think of them so they aren't lost forever.

I say you go back to the old SX Logo:

http://web.archive.org/web/20000816000831/...mputers.com/sx/

I remember seeing that when I visited SX back in 2000 a couple times. I remember the side-bar being Saturn Sega CD and 32x. I remember Saturn, Sega CD, and 32x looking lke the old SX logo (with the graphics going up, and all flashy, being kinda Rainbowy in color)). And it looked all wavy and such. Kinda like Fireworks. I can't really describe it all that well. Maybe one of the admins remember what it looked like. I wouldn't mind at least seeing that comeback. Or at least a screenshot of it or a link to a shot of it. That was sweet.

I may have confused you in that post.

- remove RevQuixo from power

- give Myst full operating control of this site

- give me a bucket of popcorn so i can sit back and laugh

Originally posted by whitesnake+July 16 2002, 9:32 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(whitesnake @ July 16 2002, 9:32 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bugula@July 17 2002, 8:27 am

i agree[/b][/quote]

Hey whitesnake...look up the definition of sarcasm sometime. You'll see a picture of Bugula there.

Originally posted by bugula@July 17 2002, 8:27 am

whitesnake gives my suggestions two thumbs up (and almost a crotch grab)!

0211006.jpg

- Put up a paypal link (or something) so money can go to Iceman to add bandwidth/space for the site for more sega music (the original intent of the site).

Click "Help Us" on the left frame, there's a Paypal link in there.

i think have some actual sega-themed stuff around this site in other places than just the boads. I mean like sonic back ground, sega smilies etc.

Originally posted by rcefiro@July 16 2002, 2:00 pm

Click "Help Us" on the left frame, there's a Paypal link in there.

You know, I did not that was even there. I was thinking kindof like other sites where they have a direct Paypal link on the side.

But that's just me.

Time to open up my wallet...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Gallstaff@July 17 2002, 6:01 pm

i think have some actual sega-themed stuff around this site in other places than just the boads. I mean like sonic back ground, sega smilies etc.

Great thought. Though someone must make them an we lack at the illustrators area.
smile.gif

If you want, I can help in:

Custom CD Art

Original CD Art

Covers Art (Front/Back)

Ringtones

Dude, you already help with what, 3/4 of this?

That would be bad ass if you could pull off sum high quality cover/manual art. Might wanna start out with Sega CD just because it's easier to pick which games to do it for as there is just a small selection. Laterz.

Thanks BigDAlcala.

So we need an illustrator who can make good sega based gifs eh? Well I know a guy from another board but I'm not sure if he has the time to make them but I'll try my best.

UPDATE: This guy has made Omar's avatar.
wink.gif

Back