Task Bar Problems

Currently I'm having a wee bit of trouble with my comp.. not anything super major, but for the past few days I have not been able to view my internet connection status in my task bar, and yes, I do have the box clicked in the dial-up properties(yes I'm on dial-up <_< ). Recently I uninstalled all the earthlink software on my comp as it's fairly useless unless you like to have some more programs running in the backround at all times, and as earthlink has it's own connection status icon in the taskbar I'm figuring that the software edits the registry to hide any other connection status icons, but as for finding the correct registry entry I've had no luck.

I could be wrong though.. but I cannot think of anything else and any help would be mucho apreciado.

Maybe try creating a new connection and use that instead? If the earthlink software is hiding your connection status, it may not do that for all connections.

I've tried that, I still get the same results.. It might also be useful to mention that I can't even check the status of my connection by right clicking on the icon and clicking on "status".

Back