Tetris TENGEN for trade - TENGEN tetris to trade for dream c

Tengen's version of Tetris is (apparently) illegal to distribute because of a licensing screwup. It was pulled from stores after this came to light in a trial, thus making it a collector's item. Some people also prefer the gameplay to the Nintendo version.

yup! it had all the cool music from the arcade tetris!! poor atari bought the rights to tetris from people who didnt own the rights. hee hee hee...anyway yea tengen tetris = $$$. it was one of the few games i actually bothered playing off of one of them nintendo multi-carts.

well it is not a pirate.

Quote: from ExCyber on 6:28 am on Mar. 25, 2002
Tengen's version of Tetris is (apparently) illegal to distribute because of a licensing screwup. It was pulled from stores after this came to light in a trial, thus making it a collector's item. Some people also prefer the gameplay to the Nintendo version.

no, they aren't pirate copies so to say, but they were illegaly manufactured due to copyright laws. Basically it would be like me stealing mario and using him exclusively in my game, selling it without giving Nintendo any royalties.

I thought the deal with Tengen was that they weren't paying Nintendo any licensing fees while releasing games for the NES. That would be the equivalent of breaking the copy protection on a PS2, XBox, or GCube game, pressing your own games complete with the protection scheme in place, and not bothering to pay Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo the required licensing fee.

Hmmm... On that note, since Sega Dreamcast (or 3DO or Sega CD or...) does not have any protection to prevent regular discs from reading, would it then be considered legal to produce games for the system without licensing? Probably not, as you would still be required to license out the development kit... Hmmm... Now my brain is swimming...............................................

Back