THE DEFINITIVE NEC SYSTEM

WELL IF YOU READ MY LAST TOPIC ( I HOPE SO, SO YOU CAN HELP ME) I HAVE A COMPLAIN WITH MY SYSTEM, SO I ASKING THIS

......so what is the best option for a durable nec console, THE DEFINITIVE AND DURABLE NEC SYSTEM IS???(FOR PLAY C'MON MY ROOM IS NOT A MUSEUM WITH MACHINES I NEVER PLAY..........I WANT TO PLAY....THEY ARE MADE FOR THAT)

PC ENGINE DUO ,R or RX

OR

PC ENGINE + CD ROM UNIT

AND WELL THE AMERICAN SYSTEMS TO........

PROS AND CONS OF THIS CHOICES?

ITS TRUE THE TURBO DUO IS NOT VERY DURABLE? well for about 200 bucks you expect a long live system.

c'mon i have my sega saturn, which i play for hours, and my saturn never complains, thats a durable system.

so which system is the best choice, and step aside the compatibility isue, for that i think a japanese system rules.

the thing is which system has the best manufacture and not soooo "delicate" like the turbo duo seems to be

Just get the LaserActive and a PC Engine PAC (japanese one) and an Arcade Card. Do not mess with getting any DUO units Japanese or USA, they all have poor craftmanshp and break fast and have difficulty loading things.

For example I have bought 3 Brand NEW USA DUOs from NEC and all of them worked identically, meaning same bugs , same loading problems, same weak cable and wiggling the cable made the video freak out, etc... yuck! no more duo's!

LaserActive rules for Sega CD, TG-16, Master System, and LD games!

I agree.. Duo systems are very fragile... They are great when they work, but it doesn't take much to break them. I have a basically brand new duo system, and the laser pickup is out on it... should have sent it in for repair (cost like $60 at the time), but now there is no place that does the nec repair work on duos. So, I guess I have a turbo graffix hu-card machine lol...

I've also owned the turbo graffix 16 cd-rom addon, and never had any problems with it for many years.. I treated it well though...

fully mod'd (region/hucard) SuperGrafx with the SuperCD-ROM module plus the Arcade Card Duo and you are set to play virtually all PCE/Turbo catalogue except LA ones... :p

if you don't need to play SuperGrafx titles then PC Engine Duo-R/RX with region and hucard slot mod'd will do nicely... (along with ArcadeCard Duo if you want to play few of AC titles)

Back