The Japanese Really Like the Upcomming Revolution

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Famitsu Weekly has conducted a next generation reader survey, to see which console system the readers are most interested.

Most Interested Next Generation Console
    1. Nintendo Revolution - 42.2%
    2. Sony PlayStation 3 - 39.8%
    3. Microsoft Xbox 360 - 18.0%

Why do you like Revolution?
    - Compact design, typical Nintendo style
    - Able to download Famicom (NES), SFC (SNES) and Nintendo 64 games
    - Possible innovative / new designs in Revolution
    - Confidence in the hardware

Thanks to the Magic Box for the news.

Let's hope japaneses will buy it and we won't lose nintendo as we have lost sega who no more makes consoles.

Dark Samurai: I can't see your sig pic and not think that Revolution will at least be Stinkoman's favorite console. :D

I was at a party this weekend and argued over N's fate. This girl insists Sony will sell the PS3 for $300; MS and Sony will put Nintnedo out of business. I said no way the PS3 sells for under $500. I think the Revolution will do as well, if not better than the GC.

Microsoft's J Allard recently gave an interview to TheStreet.com, in which he talked up the Xbox 360. Among the hints he dropped were that the price of the new console would be "in the neighborhood" of the first Xbox's launch price of US$300. That's quite a bit lower than the ~$450 price that's being tossed around for Sony's upcoming Playstation 3, but then again, with all the pre-release one-upsmanship going on between the two companies one wonders if MS lowballed the price to steal some of Sony's thunder.

how much do you think the game prices will be for sony and microsoft? $70 dollars maybe? , noway...anit noone out there gonna pay that much of retart price..,

teh rev is teh sexayiest!!! ;)

I must say that I'm surprised by the support that the Rev has got in Japan. I would have assumed that the PS3 would have had a lot more interest!

At least this shows that there is growing support for the old-school way of playing games, and you don't get much better than the NES and SNES when it comes to some of the all time greats.

The ability to play all my favourite N games on one console alone has sold me on the Rev. I just hope that they manage to get a couple of "big" next-gen-ish games out of the Rev too.

Zelda Revolution makes me horny.

It's good to see the japanese evening things out. With the introduction of these new consoles, the market is set to expand - beware the flood of PC gamers.

Back