This is disgusting

Yeah, but...

~100,000 GameFAQs voters

~10,000 copies of PDS released in the US

...you do the math, from the looks of it a great number of people who haven't played PDS are voting for it. That's pretty decent, heh. Of course other regions and pirated copies come into play, but the vast majority of GameFAQs users are from the US, so..

And then there's the people who have played both and found GoldenEye better than PDS. I know I did, and voted accordingly.

Originally posted by antime@Apr 25, 2004 @ 05:18 PM

Repeat the above, but replace "Goldeneye" with "Panzer Dragoon Saga".

Ok.

Old one

And then there's the people who have played both and found GoldenEye better than PDS. I know I did, and voted accordingly.

New one

And then there's the people who have played both and found Panzer Dragoon Saga better than Goldeneye. I know I did, and voted accordingly.

:p

Goldeneye was fun but not the revolutionary game that people rate it to be

Well, the multiplayer element was pretty novel for console FPS games at the time. Goldeneye was probably a lot of people's first multiplayer FPS, and it was a good one at that.. personally, I grew up on Quakeworld, so I don't rate Goldeneye that highly, but it was a sweet game.

Hmm... I dunno. Mario 64 has many more stages and things to find, but Nights is one of the ultimate score attack games.

Goldeneye was nice and all, but I still don't know what the big deal was.

Goldeneye was arguably the first console FPS ever that didn't horribly suck in one way (bad port of a PC game to an underpowered console, anyone?) or another (boring gameplay, excruciating controls, the list goes on). It has single-player gameplay well beyond "shoot everything that moves and press all the door switches", and people seem to like the multiplayer, though I never tried it.

It's kinda fitting that this is going on. Afterall, NiGHTS was billed as the Mario 64 killer.

I prefer NiGHTS over Mario 64. Although Mario 64 just plain owns.

Keep in mind, this the poll is just a marketing ploy by Gamefaqs and CNet brining in site traffic, and thus any argument over who wins would be pointless. The owner(s) of the site could care less whats the 'The Best Game' or 'Best Character', but only offer it because they believe that the poll may be enough to get a user who doesn't drop by alot to start coming by daily to visit thier site. Thus to think of it as anything less than that (such as something with official capacity) would be ridiculous.

Usually I follow the belief that if I even end up finding myself getting emotianally involved in ANYTHING on the 'net (whether it would be an online game, poll, message board post, etc), then it's time to do each of the following:

1. Get off the internet for some time.

2. Get a grip of myself

3. Remeber that these game/people/polls/etc have no impact on my life.

4. Do something constructive.

Excyber, you NEVER played Goldeneye multiplayer!!?!?!!? are you MAD?! haha. Your missin out.....prob. wouldn't be as good today as it was back in 97 (think that's when it came out). Go get 4 friends and bust it out, it's great.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Apr 25, 2004 @ 10:41 PM

Excyber, you NEVER played Goldeneye multiplayer!!?!?!!? are you MAD?! haha. Your missin out.....prob. wouldn't be as good today as it was back in 97 (think that's when it came out). Go get 4 friends and bust it out, it's great.

Goldeneye was pretty good. With what ExCyber said, it's not all about shooting everything you see (that's secondary), but it's more about completing the objectives in each level - prime example of what makes an 'Action' game. Compared to Doom (A 'Shoot-em-Up'), where you have no specified objectives and must simply find the exit, and shoot your way forward, of course Goldeneye may seem to be ''more advanced' game, but genres shouldn't be cross-compared, as results will vary.

I found it pretty cool to have played this game after I saw the movie, then was able to recognise all the levels :) The unlockables cheat codes, which you get from passing levels under a certain time was great - added a lot of replay value. Also notice how you weren't allowed to unlock a cheat in a level if you were using a cheat to help you pass it? Good design! :D The best unlockable was the extra multiplayer levels (of course!), in which the mulitplayer was a great aspect to the game, or should I say, to any game!

Too bad I have nothing to say for PDS, since (alas), I have yet to play the game. Next time I'm in the mood for a good RPG, I'll have to give it a go.

Okay, come on people, today is Ocarina of Time vs. Fallout 2 ... OoT is a great game to be sure, but nothing can topple Fallout 2, the king of all RPGs.. a vote for Fallout is a vote for the future of the free world!

If any of you entered the contest, what game do you have set to win?

I've got Mario 3 and Mario 64 up against each other at the end, with M64 coming out on top.

Back