This site claims to sell 64 pin mod chips

It looks like they should* work. :)

I'm getting quite a few of them soon.

*I only say should because you can't really be sure until someone tries one.

Hmm, interesting, they say it's a 'new' item as well, perhaps its a new board revision from the east. Certainly looks a bit different with the two ribbon cables and all.

I'd say that they are more likely to be NOS (new old stock) that someone has found in a cupboard somewhere or something similar.

I can't think why the mod manufacturers would go back to a design with more components on it that would be more expensive to produce. :huh

That's quite true, but perhaps the dual ribbon cable thing is for added compatibility with weird Saturns (pc trap maybe)?

Those are older mod boards which have long since retired in the Asian circut. Well, I suppose pretty much all SS mod board are retired now. Just looking at leftover junk stock people want to get rid of.

Originally posted by AntiPasta@Apr 17, 2004 @ 12:47 PM

I ordered 4 of them, tried to keep the website secret but unfortunately you guys found it :devil

Hehe looks like your secrets out!

Actually it wasnt to hard to find, it was like the first or second site that came up under google.

Originally posted by AntiPasta@Apr 17, 2004 @ 08:47 PM

I ordered 4 of them, tried to keep the website secret but unfortunately you guys found it :devil

Selfish bastard. <_<

Mine has arrived but I do not own a working* 64pin saturn at this time.

*(mod gone horribly wrong :flamethrower: )

My order arrived today, but it's too late (1:33am) for me to install one now. :(

I'll try one in a 64 pin Saturn when I get home from work tomorrow. :)

FYI - the mod’s are listed on that site as V2 but those boards are older revisions than the "claimed" regular model. They just don’t know what they’re talking about. The only reason they list it as V2 is because the older versions are much more fool proof, as everything is onboard rather than out-sourced on the Saturn MB itself.

The cheap ass boards that they make now are cheap for a reason, which is also why they have the most problems. But not many places care anymore because Chinese stores stopped stocking and modding SS stuff long time ago. But before the last cheap set of boards were made for the mass of North Americans who purchase online, they had High end boards which were dual socketed, and PC Trap compatable. They also had Hardware which could auto-detect region settings too, but those were made so late in the game, everyone who had a saturn just got the store to put switchs in, rather than upgrade the mod. As far as I know NCSX is the only English retailer that made a normal chip which just does auto-detect region switching alone, but they didn't release it since there were too many saturn revisions to make it foolproof and the Saturn was finishing up in Japan anyways.

I when out and purchased a saturn today. I came home and check to see what IC it had. It was a damn 64pin :angry: . I purchased the V2 modboard from the site above, so I though I would be OK. After installing the modboard I tryed to play an original game. It did not boot the game :damn: but it did play the audio tracks. I followed all the instructions to the "T". I hope mal has better luck.

This saturn is a US model

made in Taiwan

Manufactures july, 1996

Also I tryed the jandaman* modboard on another 64pin saturn. The saturn was also taiwan 96. The modboard did not work and gave me the same result as the V2 modboard from robwebb.

*(from before they restocked. I don't know if they still sell the same modboard)

If anyone has any tips on chipping a 64/21pin saturn, I need them bad.

I should also mention that I try both jumper 14 and 19.

Does JVC V-Saturn M2 model easy to mod?

One of mod installation link shows the same model in the picture...

looks like I have one V-Saturn among my collection - never bothered to open the box so didn't realise it was M2 V-Saturn.

cheers

Originally posted by ZoNeD@Apr 30, 2004 @ 08:23 AM

I when out and purchased a saturn today. I came home and check to see what IC it had. It was a damn 64pin :angry: . I purchased the V2 modboard from the site above, so I though I would be OK. After installing the modboard I tryed to play an original game. It did not boot the game :damn: but it did play the audio tracks. I followed all the instructions to the "T". I hope mal has better luck.

That doesn't bode well at all. :(

I'll be looking into this shortly...

I was looking at the pic on the installation page and I noticed that the programmable logic chip is different from the one on the modboard they sent me. Maybe this change has affected the boards ability to work on 64pin saturns?

The one in the installation page looks to be some kind of Atmel ATF16V8B. The one on mine is an AMD PALCE16V8H-25 PC/4.

Here is a pic of mine

Attachments

• modv2front.jpg
    modv2front.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 136
  • modv2front.jpg
    modv2front.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 121
  • modv2front.jpg
    modv2front.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 123
Back