Tides of change

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you may have seen on the news page and around this board, many things are in the process of changing. From our name, look and feel and the content that we have.

Let us know your suggestions for a name and anything else you think would be cool to have in a Nintendo community.

Keep it Nintendoxtreme. I would get very confused if you didnt. You see I have a bad time remembering names as is :(

FrozeNintendo.
I realy like this name, imagine how the site would look if all menu's and such were covered by ice. It would look great!

NintendoXtreme is an ok name, but if you look on seach engines you'l find about a dozen diffent sites with that same name.

I think it's hard for most of us to make any suggestions about this stuff because we don't know how everything's gonna link up with this new VGR thing. If NintendoXtreme is going to be included in that then the name will probably be dependant on how VGR works. If there's a load of forums called stuff like '3DO Rebirth' and 'Neo Geo Rebirth' this place is going to have to conform to that (like I say, if it's included).

Apart from that, maybe you could base it all on bad wordplay (news would be 'Nintendossier', exit would be 'Nintendoor', bad game would be 'NintenD.O.A' etc.).

OK, maybe not..

I would suggest www.nintendocanthordeeverypossibledomain.com or you could probably use www.nintendo-xtreme.com

FrozeNintendo?? The look would become boring quickly and the name doesn't make much sense except for it matching the proposed layout. How would covering everything in ice affect the site's load time? The net, at least our part of it but not the Japanese side, has forgotten the fundamental rule of KISS(Keep it simple stupid) because most sites are more about the look than the content. Which one is this site more concerned about?

It wouldn't realy affect load times, uless for some reason all the ice was in bmp format, but who in their right minds would do that? As far as content versus the sites visual quality goes, once the site template would/is complete, that wouldn't be a problem, content would fill the site just as fast as ever (possibly faster due to a possible increase in community activity).

Just to clear up a few things about VGR.

VGR whilst being similiar in concept to what I want "NintendoXtreme" to be, is an entirely different project. SX might link up with it at some point and share some of it's features, whereas "NX" will be an entity all of its own.

"NX" needs to start standing on it's own feet, the day's of it piggy-backing on SX are comming to an end.

I hope we'll always be sister sites and I will remain a fairly silent staff member of SX, but my heart is in "NX" and it's path.

That's why I want your opinions on things. You, the readers/users of the site are the ones that should choose what you want on the site and how you want it to work... afterall you're the reason it's here (or there, depending on how you look at it).

:)

Well if you're going to remain sister sites with VGR's game database (I think I'm right in assuming the games information on there will contain Nintendo games as well as Sega and other systems too) I think maybe the best and least confusing way would be to have VGR as the central informative hub tying SX and whatever NX becomes together, with the latter two providing more in depth news and coverage on Sega and Nintendo.

Personally I think the news shouldn't be done as relatively small bulletpoints on the frontpage, but should have it's own section where articles read from IGN/Gamespot or wherever would be rewrittten in depth culling from the various sources, meaning that when you want Nintendo news this is the place you check first (and you don't have to pay for the privelage of doing so). By the way, if this idea sounds good to you I'm more than willing to be the write-up guy if no-one on the staff has the time to take it on.

As far as domain names go, most of the ones I tried were taken but one I came up with was www.nintendonextreme.com. Logo could be kind of cool with the 'next' highlighted to show the evolution from NX.

Let me know if I'm talking rubbish and I'll stop with the ideas :)

I agree with you about the news and there may be a position open for you in the very near future.

I also like the idea of the "next", but sadly NintendoNextreme just sounds weird...

Yeah, it does sound a bit odd. Maybe that's just because we're so used to Xtreme by itself, saying a variation sounds a bit weird.

Super Mario Web? All of these seem to sound really terrible. Then again, I guess NintendoXtreme and SegaXtreme probably sounded pretty bad at first..
"Yeah, we play Sega and we like, take it to the max dude! Gnarly":)

How about we just leave it as NintendoXtreme. If u need a new addy try a .net, .org, .us, or sumthin like that. no need to use .com. I think .com is over-rated anyways......hehe, jk.

Del Nintendo
Nintendo Comprehensive
Classified Nintendo

Nintendo looks really weird cause I've been staring at it so long.

Nintendo registered .net and .org. And who the fuck wants to get into those strange extensions that nobody thinks about?

TendoWeb.com works in my book. I'd offer to help, but I'm finally making progress in getting my site back online and can't spare the time. (I was forced to move servers back in April, and still haven't gotten the biggest part of the site back up and running.) Still, if you need any help with CGI or PHP, feel free to ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back