To Mod or not to Mod?

HI Guys,, had a ?. I just ordered a mod chip from Jandaman(Thanks for the Action Replay :) by the way) and was planning on modding my Derby Saturn.. but now Im in doubt,, should I mod my Derby or should I buy a cheap US saturn and mod it for backups and keep my Derby for only Japs? Does modding hurt the system in the long run? Thanks for your responses

Viva el Saturn

Unless you botch the installation, there should be no problems whatsoever with putting a mod board in your Derby Saturn. I say go for it.

why oh why!

from collectors point of view I'd say keep it in stock standard and get another Saturn to mod. I wouldn't touch my Derby nor Sonic Saturn... but then I'm collector as well and have enough Saturn to play with anyway... :p

cheers

I have a skeleton saturn as well. I'm going to throw in a mod chip, a region switchless mod, AND more LEDs in it. As soon as this internship ends and I move back home I'll do it. The only thing I'm worried about is messing up the outside, or doing a shitty job so that the wires are visible, but it should be all good if I'm careful.

Man! the votes are at 50/50,, I think I might go for it and mod it.. since its my first time(virgin at modding only) I hope I dont kill my system. Thanks for your responses,, I still havent gotten the mod,, but it should be here by the weeekend.. good luck 2 me

Laterzz

JS

El Saturn Rules!

Originally posted by slinga@Wed, 2004-07-14 @ 06:09 PM

I have a skeleton saturn as well. I'm going to throw in a mod chip, a region switchless mod, AND more LEDs in it. As soon as this internship ends and I move back home I'll do it. The only thing I'm worried about is messing up the outside, or doing a shitty job so that the wires are visible, but it should be all good if I'm careful.

[post=111893]Quoted post[/post]​

Man I'm a lazy @$@#@#$.

Back