To the forum Aussies

Hehe. I've been following the rugby quite closely and that wilkonson chap tooks like big trouble for us aussies. Damn him and his field goals :p

"Fear the boots" reminded me of the Simpsons episode where they travel to Australia and Homer steals the boot from and boots the respective prime minister/judge person.

I don't think England will win the RWC. They couln't score a try against us, and Australia has an even more aggressive defence ...

No offence to Aussies, but I'll not watch the match on saturday, because I sincerely think that it's going to be the worst final ever : strong defence and kick battle on both sides ...

Yeah, what happened with France? That rain must have had a huge impact on them :huh: I watched the France vs. Ireland and the thing I found was most impressive were France's kicks - they were so long and acurate, landing just outside the boundry then going out. Splendid :D

I'm not much of a rugby fan to be honest, over here rugby union's got the stereotype of being for public schoolboys. I only take notice at the World Cup really.

I think I'm just hoping for some revenge after years of being battered at the cricket and that 2-1 win against us in the football recently :hehehe:

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Nov 17, 2003 @ 12:27 PM

Yeah, what happened with France? That rain must have had a huge impact on them :huh: I watched the France vs. Ireland and the thing I found was most impressive were France's kicks - they were so long and acurate, landing just outside the boundry then going out. Splendid :D

Well, Michalak wasn't in a good day, Brusque (fullback) was as good as usual (ie really bad), and we did too much fouls to stand a chance ...

Man, 2 yellow cards are really too much at this level of the competition (and they were fully deserved)

I could argue about some weird referee decisions (like the 2 shoulder tackles by Wilkinson, or the head tackles that weren't spotted), but I wouldn't.

Wilkinson kicked better than Michalak under the rain, and England won ...

We'll win the next one in France ;)

Aaah, the sweet smell of smugness ;)

Glad they managed to score a try to silence the crowd a bit. Even though it's probably going to go down as the second-greatest moment in British sport, I'm not sure if it was worth getting up at 8am on a Saturday for :lol:

Back