Nanostray - DS

Metal Slug 4 & 5 - PS2, XBox

Final Fantasy IV - GBA

Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones - GBA

Riviera: The Promised Land - GBA

Taito Legends - PS2, XBox, PC

Midway Arcade Classics 3 - PS2/XB/GC

Let me know what you think!

Well, I wouldn't really consider most of those 'retro', especially the likes of Castlevania, Mario & Luigi, Lumines, etc. although I guess I can see where you're coming from. Also I don't know about the ethics of including games you haven't actually played.

FWIW, if you're going to include titles like Lumines as retro, I think you should look to Japanese games as well, since there were several good shooter releases this year - Mushihimesama, Raiden III, Trizeal etc. And perhaps Darwinia on the PC might be a good candidate as well.

I wouldn't consider most of these retro either, and I haven't played the majority of them. Surely rather than including modern 2D games you should include thing such as the NES classics instead?

Yeah I got dugg again :)

But the idea of the "Retro Games of the Year" are game that either were compilations of older games or other games that were 2D retro-type gameplay. For some people it points out good titles that appeal to classic games that they can still buy in stores and play on their current machines.

I didn't include any Japanese games (other than MOTW) because most of my audience isn't from Japan, so I wanted them to be mostly ones that they could walk into their local store and buy.

I didn't include any Japanese games (other than MOTW) because most of my audience isn't from Japan, so I wanted them to be mostly ones that they could walk into their local store and buy.

True, but those games are never going to get released in the West if we don't get more people here interested in them. Hype in the US is what caused Katamari Damacy to be released over here, for example. So exposing people to those games is a good thing.

Originally posted by slinga@Tue, 2006-01-03 @ 08:01 PM

And now you get slashdotted: http://games.slashdot.org/games/06/01/03/1...34.shtml?tid=10

Congrats man and put some ads on your website.

[post=143167]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah that one really suprised me -- and it was as I was doing some redesigning/shuffling on my site :)

I have some ads -- just nothing dominant -- feel free to take a look at my refined layout and let me know what you think

Back