Transformers post

blah, yuck, gag
tongue.gif

did anyone else notice on that new he-man game for the gba

that they've changed the he-man logo from a traditional crusaders cross to some weird 8 pointed thing?

i guess the nazi conatations where a little over whelming, what with the arian superman archetype and all

not half as overwhelming as the homo-erotic undertones though

which reminds me of a panel from an issue of my buddy moes zine "biggot" which featured a picture of he-man riding around in some convertible hovercraft device proudly proclaming "give me man love or give me football!"

Now thats how transformers should be remembered, not that watered down garbage on Cartoon network, man they are ruining the legacy of transformers... Darn it... lol.... I mean the animation is crisp, but the voices and characters are all wrong, hell optimus sounds like a fag.. damn it. And megatron... well don't get me started . Time to go kick the dog.

Transformers is more of a cash cow than anything these days, with this whole Transformers revival in comics and animation. I mean, d00d, Playskool made Transformers toys?

The new series are really bad, IMO. One of the (yes, there are more than one..) newer series focuses on "mini-cons" that power up the Transformers when they fuse with them
sarcasm.gif

Oh well.

Originally posted by 6pt7@Dec. 16 2002, 1:31 pm

The new series are really bad, IMO. One of the (yes, there are more than one..) newer series focuses on "mini-cons" that power up the Transformers when they fuse with them.

6pt7: Your thinking of the Transformers show on cartoon network called "Transformers Armada". And yes, it is very very bad.

I agree, that armada is a huge disappointment, their hearts were in the right place but there is just too many problems, like I mentioned in my earlier post. sad.. so very very sad. :-(

Playschool is owned by Hasbro, so all that is is some TF toys for the younger set. They're pretty cool for something meant for an 18 month old.

Armada... Blegh... But at least it is better than Robots in Disguise last year. I wish they would get some of the original show's writers to come back.

As for the voices... A few of the original show's voice actors have died (Starscream for one, whose voice was also Cobra Commander on GI Joe) or left animation.

Interesting side note: Did you know that the original Optimus Prime shares his voice with Eeyore?

Personally, I think they should have left the series alone after the movie that ended it all. That was the closest to anime that the series reached and brought in a pretty decent following because of it! These rehashed freaks in "...Armada" make me sick to my stomach. Nothing beats the original episodes with Megatron and Prime beating the hell out of each other!!

The Movie rocked! I remember as a kid comming home from school and the first thing I would do is watch Thundercats, He Man, GI Joe, and then Transformers. Ahh the good ol days. What ever happened to good quality cartoons?

real ghostbusters was pretty good too

the movie was made at the end of season 2, they made something like 4 or 5 more seasons of the original series after that

hmmm. i actually kind of liked beast wars

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Dec. 17 2002, 2:39 pm

The Movie rocked! I remember as a kid comming home from school and the first thing I would do is watch Thundercats, He Man, GI Joe, and then Transformers. Ahh the good ol days. What ever happened to good quality cartoons?

Did you happen to watch Voltron also? Five-lions Voltron was my favorite.
smile.gif

Someone cite the Voltron activation code... please.
tongue.gif

Back