Bastard Baroque

Translating Baroque 0.2

No permission to download

Knight0fDragon

Patron Supporter
Spreadsheet is filled in, currently playing around with machine translations.

Maybe this weekend I will determine how to alter line length

EmeraldNova

Pluto Supporter
There's something like 60 pages of Japanese script total machine translated. Depending on how easy it is to start shoving stuff in, maybe something beyond the first menu playable this month.

EmeraldNova

Pluto Supporter
Cause we jsut got on this this week and are still dicking around with what's possible. I'd like to get the guy's permission if possible, but I can't find any contact info.

EmeraldNova

Pluto Supporter
1641784513627.png

Well...hm....

EmeraldNova

Pluto Supporter
Good enough for me. We don't have a name to credit though. "Nervetower Guy." Until He gets a reboot in 20 years and becomes "The Nervetower Slayer."

EmeraldNova

Pluto Supporter
Current plan:

Release a super truncated translation: Bastard Baroque, to SX patrons in the next couple of months while Knight and I figure otu a way to get the real translation working. SX patrons can enjoy the game where every item is labelled wiht 6 characters or less, and everyone's dialogue is comically truncated to the point of near meaninglessness. You'll be able to play the game though, since the item descriptions will just barely be enough.

Amiceli1983

Gear Supporter
Current plan:

Release a super truncated translation: Bastard Baroque, to SX patrons in the next couple of months while Knight and I figure otu a way to get the real translation working. SX patrons can enjoy the game where every item is labelled wiht 6 characters or less, and everyone's dialogue is comically truncated to the point of near meaninglessness. You'll be able to play the game though, since the item descriptions will just barely be enough.
I think that's a smart and great idea for future game translation patches moving forward doing patron route early builds, to help maintain sx

Last edited:

Atrophy304

Gear Supporter
I have never donated to patreon so fast lmao
Fr tho y'all are real ones I have spent so many years wanting a version of this game I have no problems donating for it. If I wasn't clinically computer stupid I would help lmao

EmeraldNova

Pluto Supporter
EmeraldNova updated Bastard Baroque with a new update entry:

Items Done

All items translated in English first pass. Changes to come to unify shorthand.

Action/Concept:
Attack - atk
Defend/Defense - def
Experience - exp
Damage - dmg
Throw - thr
Gnaw - gn
Penetrate - pen

General Ailments - AIL
Poison - PSN
Paralysis - PRL
Confusion - CNF