Dracula-X / Symphony of the Night

Translating Dracula X / SOTN Beta V1.02 1.021

This is the audio file with the dialogue part extracted from the ps1 version that I put in MP3 (for storage and sharing) Listen closely, you will notice that the two languages are available English and Japanese.

C'est le fichier audio avec la partie dialogue extrait de la version ps1 que j'ai mis en MP3 (pour le stockage et le partage) Tend l'oreille, tu t’apercevra que les deux langages sont disponible Anglais et Japonais.

yes I know I already ripped the sound from the psx to make the English pack. I had to cut each line out and convert it to AT3 to play on the PSP. because the PSP has all the Dialog in 257 small files instead of the psx just having one big file of everything.

I was able to rip the Sega Saturn voices from SDF0.PCM but they have such bad static it's hard to play them all the music rips like that, and only the sound effects rip at 8 bit 11050 or 8000 hz, and sound clean. but the main voice file might have data mix into it as well as the music files from what I can tell. I need a tool to be able to rip and separate the data, and to convert wav back to the PCM file. I'm guessing. still researching it all.

I sure would love to do it, but don't know how. and there is very little info on doing it. I read many post on it but they are very old. and saying they can't. but the maker of this English patch said he wants to do it too. that was why I posted here. but it looks like he's not around to give any info on how he plans to do so. I'd be happy to help in anyway. because I would love to play the Saturn NITM with English dub. so if you have any info on doing it please let me know tools or anything. thank you, and enjoy the PSP with the English Dub.
Maybe this here will help. Someone develops an engine that is open source for the Sega Saturn to create games that run on both the emulator and the real console.

Analyzing it may have information on how to modify Castlevania SOTN and improve it completely.

Jo Engine:
https://www.jo-engine.org/

Yaul:
https://www.yaul.org/html/index.html

Maybe this here will help. Someone develops an engine that is open source for the Sega Saturn to create games that run on both the emulator and the real console.

Analyzing it may have information on how to modify Castlevania SOTN and improve it completely.

Jo Engine:
https://www.jo-engine.org/

Yaul:
https://www.yaul.org/html/index.html

I've already talked to him about it and he said to post here and ask people. lol I have found out how to open the SDF0.PCM. I read all the posts I could find on here about it. and seen someone was able to use cool edit 2000 to open the file, as a vox file back in the early 2000. I don't like change so I still use cool edit 2000 for my audio editing. so opened it right up as a vox file and all static is gone but the tempo is very slow so I copied the PCM length and tempo to change the new vox file to the same length so all the addresses of the voice lines are the same but for a point of a second off. and a point of a second won't matter much. the file sounds good now. but of course I cheated to get this file. so right now I am making a text file with each address\point of audio with each line. Beginning and Ending and Length and how it's length is VS the PSX. so I can edit and make the English Dub file that will match up exactly with the Sega Saturn SDF0.PCM file. once I finish I'll ask some of these people who are reverse engineering some of these Sega Saturn games. because I have a few programs that can convert PCM files. but these files in Dracula X are ADPCM files. and probably won't convert it to the right format. they are some Mac programs that might work but think you need some special hardware to go with it. so even if you Emu a Mac you may not be able to convert the wav to ADPCM. I will post the MP3 when I finish making it. at the very least it will motivate others to help or to work on it even if I can't make the mod myself. after all if someone has this hardware they maybe able to take that file and convert it in a minute. so I will do as much work as I can, and hope for help later or for someone to take over. anyway I Translated the interview at the beginning of the SDF0.PCM. I use both DeepL and Google Translate. so I will post it here so people can read it if they want. ( wish I knew all the speakers so I could clone the English voice actors and record a English scritp. but never seen the video when playing the Saturn, so how do you even access the video? oh well. ) here it is and the first file I got wrote so you can see what my text file will provide.

3:22 minutes video interview

00:00:00.060
Once I had a battle that shook the whole province.
g
There was once a battle that shook my whole road.

00:00:05.070
And now five years have passed. Dracula X Monthly Nocturne by the Devil.
g
Five years have passed. Dracula X monthly nocturne by Devil.

00:00:13.770
This disc is a ROM disc for the Sega Saturn. It has data for the computer on the first track, but don't play it. What to a guy who is listening to this dialogue.
g
This disc is a ROM disk for the Sega Saturn. The first song contains computer data, but please don't play it. What to the guy who seems to be listening to this line.

00:00:26.190
I know it's useless to say it. The depth of the succubus, the light. I'm hungry because I made a lot of noise. Someone buy me dinner. This is Shiina Sei. Congratulations to those of you who have cleared it. It was a long journey. It was a long road. Did you do it while eating? I think I spent about 10,000 hours doing it, including late nights of sleepless nights, but I never lost 3 kilos or anything like that. But it would be interesting to try again in a different form this time. So, congratulations! Let's shout it out together in Konami at the end, shall we? Feelings and one's own.
g
I don't think it's a waste of time to say it. It is the depth, the light of the succubus. I was hungry because I said so much. Somebody eat. This is Sei Shiina. Congratulations to those who cleared it. It's been a long journey. It's been a long journey, hasn't it? Did you do it while eating properly? I think I spent 10,000 hours doing it all the time, like staying sleepy and staying late at night, but I wasn't about 3 kg thin. But it might be interesting to try it again in a different way, this time. So, congratulations! Let's shout together at Konami at the end. Feelings or alone.

00:01:20.130
This is a bad memory of Konami. You, don't play games all the time, expect your body once in a while. May you have a fulfilling lifetime. So long. Eighteen years old. The truth is, I'm Ryutaro Okiayu, who played the role of 400-year-old Arakawa. It's pretty cool. What can I say? He's beautiful, isn't he? His lines were also quite austere, and he said, "Mr. Oda," but I wonder if I am allowed to say such a thing myself. It was very interesting. Yes, I hope you all enjoyed it.
g
It's a bad memory of Konami. You don't play games all the time, but sometimes you expect your body. May you have a fulfilling life. Let's go. 18 years old. Actually, I am Ryutaro Okiayu, who played the role of 400-year-old Arakawa. It's pretty cool. What do you say? He's a beautiful person, isn't he? The lines were also quite astringent, and you said Oda-san, but can I say this myself? It was very interesting. Yes, I hope you all enjoyed it.

00:02:01.230
This is Masaru Sato. I'm glad I played the game. I'm already done with it.
g
My name is Yu Sato. I'm glad I played the game. It's over.

00:02:06.900
I'll see you again somewhere else this time. Hit the action game dialogue.
g
I'll see you again somewhere. Bumped into dialogue for an action game.

00:02:12.180
This is Yokoyama, the reporter who played the role of Mariya in the "Mariya" movie. I dropped my watch in the toilet this morning. Please someone pick it up. I picked it up myself.
g
I'm Yokoyama as Maria. I dropped my watch in the bathroom this morning. Someone please pick it up. I picked it up myself.

00:02:24.600
We have been doing this for a long time because we don't have minutes. We have been doing this for a long time because there are no minutes. I have many roles to play, but this year has been so hot, so hot. I thought I would spend it somehow. No, I am too old. I just can't help it, I'm so exhausted. Please, someone help me. It's almost September, so I think I can manage. What a year to make an announcement! I'm afraid it might not work out. Thank you very much. Goodbye Konami. Konami, Konami, Konami. Konami. Konami. Such a Konami. KONAMI. The key is the key. KONAMI. KONAMI.
g
Me and 7 Sea, George and I turned. I don't have a minute, so I've been doing it for a long time. I have a lot of roles, but this year it's already hot and hot. I thought I'd spend it somehow. No, I'm old. I couldn't do anything about it anymore. Please help someone else. It's almost September, so I think something will be done. What a year it was announced. It might not work. Thanks. Goodbye Konami. Konami Konami. Konami. Konami. Konami like this. Konami. Kaname. Konami. Konami.

End of Interview

Start of in game Dialogs.

PSP VS PSX Length comparison
4 Seconds 011a.at3 PSP
VS
PSX. first file ripped with psound.
Beginning: 00:00:00:00 Ending: 00:00:03:14 Length: 00:00:03:14 Length
Sega Saturn Addresses
Beginning: 00:03:22:26 Ending: 00:03:26:10 Length: 00:00:03:14
Richter: Dracula. Die now, and leave this world! You'll never belong here!

PSP VS PSX comparison
9 Seconds 011b.at3 PSP
VS
Beginning: 00:00:03:27 Ending: 00:00:14:03 Length: 00:00:10:06
Sega Saturn Addresses
Beginning: 00:03:26:18 Ending: 00:03:38:24 Length: 00:00:12:06
Dracula: Oh, but this world invited me. Your own kind called me forth with praise and tribute.

PSP VS PSX comparison
5 Seconds 011c.at3 PSP
VS
Beginning: 00:00:14:10 Ending: 00:00:19:16 Length: 00:00:05:05
Sega Saturn Addresses
Beginning: 00:03:39:01 Ending: 00:03:48:10 Length: 00:00:09:09
Richter: Tribute? You're a thief. You steal men's souls, their freedom...

PSP VS PSX comparison
7 Seconds 011d.at3 PSP
VS
PSX. first file riped with psound.
Beginning: 00:00:19:29 Ending: 00:00:23:01 Length: 00:00:03:02
Sega Saturn Addresses
Beginning: 00:03:48:21 Ending: 00:03:59:14 Length: 00:00:10:23
Dracula: Freedom is always sacrificed to faith, good hunter. Or are you truly here by choice?

PSP VS PSX comparison
5 Seconds 011e.at3
PSP
VS
Beginning: 00:00:23:14 Ending: 00:00:30:06 Length: 00:00:06:22
Sega Saturn Addresses
Beginning: 00:03:59:25 Ending: 00:04:08:09 Length: 00:00:08:14
Richter: All I'm here for is you. To hell with your heresy! You're nothing but a blight on mankind.

PSP VS PSX comparison
9 Seconds 011f.at3
PSP
VS
Beginning: 00:00:30:18 Ending: 00:00:37:26 Length: 00:00:07:07
Sega Saturn Addresses
Beginning: 00:04:08:17 Ending: 00:04:15:28 Length: 00:00:07:10
Dracula: Ha! Mankind. (throws the wine glass) A cesspit of hatred and lies. Fight for them, then, and die for their sins!

also here is the file if anyone wants it.

Last edited:
Hello,

Do you have a version of the patch that ues the old Richter sprite from the Saturn version?
Yeah, be nice to have an option for the old Richter sprite and character portrait at the beginning, seems a bit revisionist not offering options.

Yup would also like an option to revert those enhancements as well. I just like the little inconsistencies of old games haha.

I have no intention on offering options. I encourage others to hack my work and offer their own.
Ah I didn't know if you had an older version of the patch before you did the sprite swap or if that was done early on. Anyways thanks for the reply I appreciate the quick reply. I do enjoy the patch quite a bit over all :)

Last edited:
Ah I didn't know if you had an older version of the patch before you did the sprite swap or if that was done early on. Anyways thanks for the reply I appreciate the quick reply. I do enjoy the patch quite a bit over all :)

If somebody has the first patch, somebody might be able to do a compare and pull this off to swap it around. They can also compare my changes to the original. I encourage others to get into hacking, they may find they can do more changes than simply swapping a face back.

I'm having alot of troubles getting this working. I use Kronos v.2.5.0. and all it does is load this hanging Sonic gif and doesn't go passed it, I really want to play this version of the game but i'm at a loss. If anyone has any suggestions, i'm all ears

I have no intention on offering options. I encourage others to hack my work and offer their own.
Hi do you have any reference's I can read to learn how to learn the machine language you spoke of to change the audio, or YouTube video's. and wouldn't mind doing a replacement of the Richter sprite with the stylish Richter sprite sheet like in Castlevania fighter. I'm just a bit lost. other then this url you gave me.
but don't really understand how to use the information there yet.
sorry to bug you so much. and if anyone else knows please help me out. willing to read up on it. just don't have a starting place sadly. thank you so much for your time.

Last edited:
Hi do you have any reference's I can read to learn how to learn the machine language you spoke of to change the audio, or YouTube video's. and wouldn't mind doing a replacement of the Richter sprite with the stylish Richter sprite sheet like in Castlevania fighter. I'm just a bit lost. other then this url you gave me.
but don't really understand how to use the information there yet.
sorry to bug you so much. and if anyone else knows please help me out. willing to read up on it. just don't have a starting place sadly. thank you so much for your time.
This site (SegaXtreme) has all the info you need about Sega Saturn programming. That link explains the audio format for SotN. Also Saturn documentation, libs & stuff is another good source.

I figured I'd share this I did a video with some of the audio I cloned for the Japanese fan script. it has Dracula vs Richter, Alucard first meeting with Death, three Maria meetings, and the nightmare dialog, also I remade Alucard's memory of his words from his mother. my OBS studio software is freezing so played it on Emu and recorded it with my phone. so the sound isn't perfect, plus the PSP Emu has way too load sound effects IMHO. any way you can see these cloned voices enjoy and let me know what you think.

Back