Dracula-X / Symphony of the Night

Translating Dracula X / SOTN Beta V1.02 1.021

Looks like item freezing bug is still present despite the 0.81 patch notes. I get a crash on trying to pick up cube of zoe, but now after skipping that I get the same crash trying to pick up the wolf transformation.

Also, I realized with my difficulty getting things going initially I didn't say the most obvious thing, which is-- Thank you!!!

Thank you KnightOfDragon for putting the time and energy into making this patch a reality. It's an unbelievable feeling finally playing this game in english on the Saturn at last.

Thank you so much for doing this, I've been playing on the Fenrir it's great to play the game in English on real hardware (VA1 model). I'm not getting the game freezing at the title screen but one bug I found is when picking up the cube of Zoe (materialize cube) the game hangs and the system has to be restarted. I tried the same item in a non-patched version of the game and had no issue when picking it up.

Thanks again, this is really awesome!
Just wanted to confirm that I have the same setup as 230-V and are experiencing the same result.

Regardless, thanks for your work, fantastic job getting this far

Thanks Sir, very hard work by your part and finally you bring to the community one of the "biggest" exclusives. I´ll try it soon, i can see the last patch is 0.81.

If any photoshop experts would like to contribute, getting a young portrait of Richter in the style of other portraits would be neat.

The closest I have seen as an example is:

Richter Belmont - The Castlevania Wiki - Castlevania, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, and more (fandom.com)

And the sprite sheet to use to get size and color can be found here:

PlayStation - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Portraits - The Spriters Resource (spriters-resource.com)

I would probably start with the sprite sheet from SOTN to get the color palette, and work on getting the example to fit closely to it.

Cdxc-richter-belmont2.jpg

if you look at all of the other portraits, the ones from the PSP version wouldn't fit with the artwork and design. Looking for something that would feel organic to the style of the given game. Basically a side profile with the ability to flip directions.

Rh_GoS_1.png

ya there not many official side profile pictures.. the one you pick is probably the best one; the only issue I have with it.. Richter 's mouth is open and a slight intense face expression compare to the other characters 's portraits... but what can you do...this one is somewhat close to a side view but not quite ..personally I like this one..his face is calm and relaxed..just like the other portraits

Last edited:
What could I be doing wrong? The new patcher is giving me this message:
"ERROR! Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. (Parameter 'index')"

I love the new patcher utility! Thank you so much for the ongoing work with this project, Knight0fDragon.

We all look forward to v1.0!

Back